Roborock s7 security

Roborock s7 security

Hello, I'm thinking about purchasing the Roborock S7, but I'm concerned about privacy. In general, I am not comfortable with any firm having a camera in my living room. So I'd like to link my roborock and Android phone to a wifi network without using the internet. As a result, both devices would be completely cut off from the internet. I don't mind briefly connecting them to the Internet in order to update and install apps, but after that I will disconnect them.

Is that realistic?

Is it still possible to get complete functionality? Maps? Are there any no-go zones?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

The device could work fine without wifi. 

The Internet connection will bring some extra functions on app like history cleaning map, scheduled cleaning, suction power strength switch. But without these features, you could still use the buttons on the device itself to start/end cleaning, direct device back to dock for charging and let device do spot cleaning.

In this case, you can set up the no-go zones and maps temporarily by brifely connecting the device to wifi.

Like0
  • the S7 doesn't have a camera. it maps your house using LIDAR . without internet connection, you'd lose all smart behavior it has to offer in the app

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fujitora27
Welcome to Roborock Forum