S6 gets lost on room clean

S6 gets lost on room clean

My vacuum gets lost often. when I select a room to clean it often will go out of the room on her map. I have tried changing the map and have also changed the location of the base. It resolved itself when I moved the base for about a week or 2 and now is getting confused and lost again. I love this robot when it works correctly. Has anybody else experienced this?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear Customer,

Have you ever enabled multi-floor maps feature on the app? If it is one floor house, it may confuse the robot and mess up the map.

Go to cleaning history and send us a picture of the room cleaning map. Please mark the room you selected to room and the room it reached by itself.

Use the wet cloth to clean the wall sensor and cliff sensors.

Could you tell us your device's SN?

Open the cover of device and take out the dustbin. You will see a bar code on device's bottom(not on dust bin). The SN is under bar code like R0201S82418800.

If you have already added device to app, you could also check SN on app. See attached picture "info"

Could you send us purchase info?

Pls send us the purchase link(or screen of product listing), and invoice or receipt (file or screenshot) which shows seller's name, purchasing date and order number.

Like0
  • Same problem here, after couple of hours spent on charger, it loses its position - it "thinks" it is in another room, and when been sent clean the room it is phisically in, it tries "to reach" it through wall, and fails to so.

I might have uses "multi-floor" maps but it is currently disabled. I can send my map and SN through the private messaging

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/09/2020      07:15
    @tlmt:

Hi, what is the model number of your robot? Is it S6? Except reaching non-selected room, does it locates the dock's position on the map incorrectly also?

Have you ever tried the suggestions provided above? You can email us via support@roborock.com and then our agents can continue to help you.

Like0
  • Hi - I have had this exact same problem ongoing for a while now. It started when i upgraded to the Cult-map feature. However, even after i disabled Multi-map and re-created a new map of the single floor it still does this intermittently. Right now, i'm watching the robot aimlessly go around the kitchen and back and forth to the living room, after is finished hoovering the living room about 20 mins ago :-(. If i click 'go back to dock' i guarantee it will go back to the dock with no problems, proving it's not dirty sensors but a software issue.

Like0
    djr
    djr06/10/2020      12:22
    @djr:

** oops - that should say multi-map, not cult-map!! gotta luv autocorrect :-)

Like0
    djr
    djr06/10/2020      12:24
    @djr:

sure enough, i clicked return to dock and it went there right away with no problems ...

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/11/2020      10:03
    @djr:

Hello, thanks for reaching out.

Is S6 the model number?

Go to cleaning history and show us a room cleaning map where we can see the abnormal cleaning route of the vacuum.

Try to start a full cleaning and verify whether it works well as it should be.

Could you tell us where did you purchase the product?

If it was from amazon, you could send us the amazon order number like 306-2905359-6881234.

If it was not from amazon, you could send us product link and file or screenshot of receipt.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DustyCorners
Welcome to Roborock Forum