Multiple floors for S5 (S50)

Multiple floors for S5 (S50)

Hi

I just bought the S50 (=S5)

Is there a way to make it create a map for multiple floors? I mean ground level and first floor.

If not, cant be hard for the developers to program this: create aditional room on the map that you have to move the cleaner to by hand...

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I’m having the same issue right now and would like to know as well. We have a step-down living room that we have to pick up the robot and place. However, it either messes up the map for the main floor (if map saving is on) or I lose my mapped floor plan (by turning the map saving off). Hoping the company can respond/support as this is a big concern.

Like3
    Lover_of_tech
    Lover_of_tech08/07/2020      20:22
    @MKBarag:

Hey, I'm waiting for this same feature. In the meantime.. I found a reddit post of a guy who takes the smart out of the vacuum but it serves to let him vacuum the 2nd story without messing up his existing saved map on the first floor. Should work.. but sadly won't let you use no-go zones and stuff like that. Essentially you delete your current map (there should be 2 backups, so its still safely in memory) and turn off the map saving mode. I think it will work until this update ever comes out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roborock/comments/fa0kvs/roborock_s4_multi_story/

Like0

• We are so sorry to tell you S5 could only save one map at present. It will recreate a new map and delete barrier or no-go-zone you set before once you move it to another floor. If not, please reset map manually to avoid map duplicated, or robot will get confused. Besides, remember to bring the dock together with robot to another floor.

For multiple map saving suggestion, we will forward your advice to our developing department and hope they will add this feature in the future.

Like3
  • Hi,

I also agree with the previous persons requesting this feature. I would really appreciate a firmware update to the S5 in order to handle multiple floors!

Like2
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/03/2020      05:11
    @Dan:

Thank you for your feedback, we will forward it to our tech department and hope it will be improved in future~~ Hope you have a rainbow day~

Like0
  • This is a very important feature that is greatly needed. Please do an update of the software to include this!!!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/03/2020      05:12
    @Cvainrub:

Well noted, and thanks for your feedback, we will try our best to improve it in future~ Nice day~~

Like0
  • I agree with this concern and would like to use mine on a second floor.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/16/2020      07:41
    @Steve:

Noted that. We will forward your request to our tech team.

Like0
  • Please add multiple maps! I have one step down to another room and I can't include it in my map because I have to pick up the vacuum to access it. Please please!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/06/2020      10:14
    @Jv:

I see, we have forwarded this request to our tech team and hope that they can manage it in the future.

Back to your case, you can use a vinyl mat or a ramp t eliminate the step between the rooms.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ddieter
Welcome to Roborock Forum