MAC Address

MAC Address

Anybody know where I can find my robot's MAC address before connecting?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, MAC address could be only found after robot connects to wifi on app.

The robot cleaner could also connect to wifi sent by a hotspot like a phone.

Therefore, you could get 2 smart phones( A and B) to connect robot cleaner to Internet.

1. Enable phone A's hotspot function in phone's setting and set up wifi name and password(the wifi must have a password) like a router.

2. Use phone B to install app Mi Home and follow instructions on app to make robot cleaner connect wifi sent from phone A.

3.Finally, you could use phone B to access robot cleaner on app and know robot's MAC address like attached picture.

Like3
    Zedd
    Zedd06/04/2022      01:26
    @RR_Support:

It doesn't work. Did you even try it before posting? I tried it with my iPhones, android phones. ipads. It doesn't work. Why do you have to hide the MAC address so hard to find while other brands clearly print the MAC addresses on the bottom of their products?

Do you know a MAC address is needed before connecting to community wifi? Now you are telling me the only way to find the MAC address is to connect to the internet first? Maybe I should go out with your vacuum cleaner and asking people on the street to use their wifi so I can see the MAC address?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/11/2022      08:33
    @Zedd:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. By not working, do you mean the device is not connected to the hotspot?

Like0
    Amirr123
    Amirr12304/16/2024      09:31
    @RR_Support:

If you're searching for your robot's MAC address before linking it up, look no further than mirror-mac.com. This platform offers a seamless solution to locate your robot's MAC address hassle-free. With just a few clicks, you'll unveil the unique identifier needed for connection. Say goodbye to the hunt and welcome the simplicity of mirror-mac in getting your robot up and running swiftly.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mio
Welcome to Roborock Forum