2 Wifi Home networks // S5M

2 Wifi Home networks // S5M

Hello,

We have 2 wifi networks under same router at home since. Hence, when robot is out of reach from the wifi it cannot respond.

Is there a way I can connect the robot over both of them?

thanks

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Both Wi-Fi networks should be using the same name/SSID and password. This will not only be beneficial for the vacuum, but all other devices in your home.

Like0
    Tom
    Tom08/01/2020      12:54
    @Bink:

thank you..

I had some issues using same sames/SSID since when moving from one room to the other, the device (mobile/laptop) kept trying to connect the old weakest network.

I will try and see how the robot reacts on this.

Like0
    Bink
    Bink08/01/2020      21:26
    @Tom:

Understandable Tom. Some devices handle roaming better than others, and some have a configurable sensitivity here, but using a common network name and password tends to simplify things over the long term.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/02/2020      15:17
    @Tom:

Hello,

Yes, Tom, like Bink said, you need set same wifi name and password, but it is not the actual seamless roaming and some wireless devices may not be able to roam to the stronger wifi network.

As for the S5 Max, even though it went to some area where the wifi signal became weak, it should be fine, once it go back to the better-signal-area, it will update the data automatically.

Like1

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tom
Welcome to Roborock Forum