Modifying the map (adding a room)

Modifying the map (adding a room)

Is there an easier way to add a room to the map that was not originally scanned (due to a door being shut) other than having the vacuum run through the entire house again and remapping the whole house?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I guess it's good there's SOME way to do it, but there really should be an easier way. Like instead of Pin & Go, maybe there's a Pin & Map option where it will search for new rooms starting from that location.

Like1
  • Use Pin and Go to move the robot outside the room. Then use the remote control function to drive around the room. It will add to the map as you move it around the room. When you think you’ve done enough, send it back to the dock. If it has enough walls map, it will call the new area a room, possibly connected to the hallway/adjacent room. From there you can split and edit the room.

Like1
  • Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Set room cleaning or zone cleaning with this specific room included and verify whether the map will update it automatically.

Otherwise, I'm afraid that you need reset the current map and re-map the house.

When robot is creating the first map,

1. Map saved mode is enabled.

2. Robot starts from dock;

3. Robot goes everywhere on map it detects to clean, not just somewhere. Pls make sure the doors are open for the rooms you want to be displayed on map.

4. Robot returns to dock(whose position is not moved) by itself and successfully.

Like0
    wrkeener
    wrkeener03/05/2021      23:00
    @RR_Support:

To map (add) a new room without remapping the whole house, follow these steps:

1. Have robot spot clean using "Pin N Go" an area inside the room or at least at the door. Send robot back to dock once done. The new room will show as a grey area.
    2. Set a zone clean than encompasses entire room plus additional few extra feet on at least two sides. Let robot finish and return to dock.
    3. Choose edit map and then "Edit Room". At the top right select "Re-Split Rooms". The new room should be added and all room can be divided and named.
    Like4
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/06/2021      04:39
    @wrkeener:

Sounds like a good idea!

Like0
    Aaadougford
    Aaadougford05/22/2021      22:24
    @RR_Support:

I did follow directions and it worked. After Adding new room adding the name of the new room was not easy. After addi g 6 room names while trying to add name for room 7, the application would crash and all names would disappear. After about a dozen tries it worked, but the combination of adding names and dividing rooms was a series of application crashes. I really dont know what combo worked, but it finally did.

Like1
    Load More >>
  • I'm glad to have found this discussion. It was definitely a pain to have to destroy all the rooms I'd previously created; but it eventually worked. I have added the new room. And thank goodness the no-go zones I had created reappeared. I would not have enjoyed creating those again!

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drands
Welcome to Roborock Forum