Is there a way to force return to the last good map?

Is there a way to force return to the last good map?

My S6 got confused somehow on its run a couple of weeks ago, and the map got messed up. It thinks the border of a room is in the middle of a wall, and spends almost an hour trying to get to the other side of the wall for a normally 5-minute cleaning job.

I sometimes see the map getting reset to the last good map. How can I force this to happen on demand? Maybe make the robot lost or something?

I miss the older firmware where you could have a backup map and revert to that or the latest good map at will. Now, with the new firmware, it’s impossible.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for your info.

The current firmware does not support backup map anymore, but we can do further analysis and try to figured it out.

Go to cleaning history and send us a problematic cleanup map.

Use wet cloth to clean the wall sensor and cliff sensors. Also, you can move the dock's position to a more central area of the house and re-map it.

Like0
    glinko3
    glinko310/15/2020      04:08
    @RR_Support:

Hi, can you just tell me how to reset the map to the last "map" you see in the "Edit Map" screen? I want to return to that map.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/15/2020      08:30
    @glinko3:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and info.

Sorry, there is no way to restore previous map from cleaning history or so. If the current map got messed up, we suggest you to delete it and start the cleaning to re-map it.

Like0
    glinko3
    glinko310/16/2020      10:36
    @RR_Support:

There must be a way, because every few weeks my robot gets confused somehow and returns to that base map on its own. I’m just wondering what causes that and how I can trigger it myself.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • I'm using an S7 and really need the ability to save a map and go back to it whenever the unit does something weird and makes changes that are incorrect.

I'm using this on a big space that takes multiple battery recharges to get the full map made (and then a lot of work separating rooms) so it's a huge hassle to have to start over. The map I want is visible right there in history, it seems like it should be a simple thing to be able to choose it and re-set it as the main default map.

The restore button isn't doing anything at all.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/26/2022      10:51
    @mats:

Hi,

Thanks for your reaching out.

We regret and apologize that the features you mentioned are currently not available. I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future, though I cannot say for certain when or if this will occur.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Best regards.

Like0
  • I had to delete my map completely when Roborock got confused. Hours of work lost. Will not be recommending this vacuum to friends.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/15/2022      16:41
    @liebezeit :

We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well. 

Currently some of the models support back up map and quick mapping, which may probably help alleviate the issue. For more help, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com).

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

glinko3
Welcome to Roborock Forum