S4 Multi Floor Mapping

S4 Multi Floor Mapping

Hey Roborock!

With the release of a new robot - s4max, we will ever see the promised by june multifloor to s4?

Thanks!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I think its probably a safe assumption at this point that they will not be following through on what they announced would be coming to the S4. The S4 and S4 max are virtually the same robot with the exception of the bin size and the additional software features. If they bring the safe software to the S4, no one will buy the max just for the bin size alone. This was a bottom line ($$) decision. The S4 is more than capable of the software upgrades as it has the same processor as the S5 max and others.

Like1
    Vander
    Vander10/13/2020      21:54
    @Huey:

It looks like the S4 max is actually new hardware - the position of the lidar scanner is different to the S4 and similar to the S5 and s6 models; the climbing threshold is higher and they claim it handles carpets better. The S4 looks like a refreshed version of the Xiaomi Mi vacuum - perhaps the processor doesn’t handle the extra software features easily. I’ve read so much about this but in particular I have heard that the software isn’t stable on the S4, I’ve also heard from Roborock that there is still a plan to introduce these features on the S4. The S4 isn’t for sale in many places anymore so the incentive to withhold features is diminishing rapidly.

Like0
    Vasiok
    Vasiok10/13/2020      23:27
    @Vander:

We can't deny the fact that the s4 has a success for the Roborock. The only complaint was the thick carpet, so they decided to adapt the old s5 physic model with the software of s4. And wes, unfortunately but i also think that they promise regarding the multifloor for s4 is not gonna happen. And that's a pity, because i don't have any complaints with my s4, but after they attitude and after sale service, i will never buy a Roborock again.

Like0
    moiralabrecque03
    moiralabrecque0310/18/2020      16:13
    @Vasiok:

yes you are right about it. https://cyberpunkclothing.net/ has more like this, i think so that will help you

Like0
  • Any official news?

Like1
  • Ok, so it seems that Roborock decided to avoid us. Very interested behavior on the official forum!

Like0
  • Just released. Update firmware through app.

Like0
  • Yes! I was able to assign rooms (go into map and click "edit map") to my S4 and after having it for a year now am finally able to have Alexa "Ask Roborock to vacuum the kitchen" !!!! Now if only I could get the vacuum to climb up the transition instead of spinning its wheels for 5-10 minutes until it finally makes it up the very low grade :(

Like0
    Daphne
    Daphne01/08/2023      08:54
    @Supr:

i found test results from Germany on https://testsieger-h7.de/roborock-h7-test/

Like0
  •  Very interested behavior on the official forum! https://get-mobdro.com/home/

Like0
    Nickfury23
    Nickfury2312/02/2022      05:59
    @sainivedant41:

Hi, I still cannot understand how people keep using anti-depressants that only make your health worse and do not necessarily help. There are now cannabis-based medications that are completely harmless and are ideal for treating depression. Read more in this article: https://valhallavitalityshop.com/blogs/news/thcv-products-from-valhalla-vitality-shop

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vasiok
Welcome to Roborock Forum