Roborock s5 Max map and navigation issue

Roborock s5 Max map and navigation issue

Hello, i have roborock s5 max and after 4 months of use (latest firmware 3.5.8_1026), roborock get an issues. I read the support forum and several people already post the same issues but i think there are no fix on this issues yet.

After the firmware update 3.5.8_1026, roborock usually move in circular like avoiding empty obstacle in front of it. This usually happen when roborock on mop mode.

But when its only on vacuum mode, roborock will move normally.

I dont know what cause the issue, i already check the wheel, clean all sensors, factory reset, and the issue still persist. Since there are so many customer complaining the same issues, please fix this ASAP.

Here the video :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A4xAI_gAttK-6dnwpxVsu0Gj_3OLR_Ak/view?usp=drivesdk

Serial Detail :

Model : roborock.vacuum.s5e

Serial number : R0517S02310306

Firmware version : 3.5.80964

Plug-in version : MIMDX_928

Thank you very much

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

1. Uninstall the mopping system and verify whether it works well.
    2. Install the water tank only except the mopping mount and mopping cloth and try again.
    3. Install the mopping system but adjust the water flow to low.
    Like0
    mansoor
    mansoor12/02/2020      10:55
    @RR_Support:

this didn't help, issue still exist.

Like0
    Rocky
    Rocky12/02/2020      20:00
    @RR_Support:

Confirmed. Issue still exist.

Without mopping cloth and mount it works well, and roborock move normally (no avoid empty obstacle and move in circle).

But when mopping cloth and mount attached, the issue will happen on all water setting.

I need to mop using roborock. Not only vacuum.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/03/2020      09:47
    @mansoor:

Have you tried all the 3 situations? None of them work?

Without the mopping system, does robot work well.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • hi

I have the same issues, I think its due to an update.

I tried the above recommended checks, but still same issues. the device can't vacuum well, plus I can't choose different map.

please release a fix ASAP.

Like0
    sophiacruzht
    sophiacruzht02/15/2024      10:46
    @mansoor:

This Kansas City Chiefs Ovo Varsity Jacket is the trendiest and most distinctive way to show your support for your favorite team. It's the ideal complement to your game day outfit.

Like0
  • Hello RR. Any update for the issues?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/08/2020      15:03
    @Rocky:

Hi, the RD team is still working on it. Please kindly wait and keep an eye on the app for firmware update.

Like0
    Aneesh
    Aneesh12/10/2020      00:22
    @RR_Support:

I am having the same issue. It seems to detect imaginary obstacles and then go around in circles. happens around some areas of my house although the floor is clean.

The problem remains even when i remove the mop.

Please fix asap

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/10/2020      13:27
    @Aneesh:

Hello,

Please send us a picture of the problematic cleanup map for reference.

When and where did you purchase this S5 Max? Did it work well before? Was there any change before this issue happened? Like firmware upgrading?

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Hi I have the same problem with Roborock S5 Max. When mopping it goes crazy and looks like it gets stuck out of nowhere. I bought this in May.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/12/2020      13:44
    @tCal:

Without the mopping system, does robot work well?

Have you ever tried the suggestions mentioned above? Like adjust water volume, change new mopping cloth and restore previous firmware?

Like0
    tCal
    tCal12/14/2020      11:18
    @RR_Support:

Hi, without mopping system it seems to be fine and even with lower water but I need full water and the capability to use the mopping system. This is why we purchased the robot in the first place. Also, we have already reset the previous firmware twice and lost our maps in the process :/ Can we at least have a way to download and upload maps if we have to do this again?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/16/2020      08:31
    @tCal:

Sorry, hard reset the device will erase all settings saved, and there is no option to download and upload the maps.

And do not worry, we changed the water strategy in the latest firmware, more water will come out from the water tank. if adjust water volume to low did the trick, you can use it as a workaround.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • I have the exact same issue but it happens in 3 weeks after I bought the robot :(. Buying new wheels or changing mopping cloth are not a reasonable option for me. The side-wheels seem to erode a bit.

Changing the water level to low still doesn't fix the issue but it does improve the situation. Medium or high water level will make the robot move more erratically. Without the water tank, when the floor is a bit moist, this also occurs.

I do think that Roborock might improve it by increasing the movement speed. When the robot moves or turns slowly, this very likely to occur. When it moves fast, it can pass the slippery place since they can't fix the eroded side wheels by software.

My suggestion: pump more water and move/turn faster

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/17/2020      11:08
    @Rainy:

Hello,

Noted that, we will forward to our RD team.

Back to your case, ensure that there is no oil stains on the floor, and you can use wet cloth to clean the wheels.

Like0
    Rocky
    Rocky01/03/2021      00:05
    @RR_Support:

No fix yet?

Like1
  • Today my roborock s5max updated to firmware 3.5.8_1328 (from mi home app).

Mopping problem still exsist, even worse.

I follow the suggestion to reset, set water into lowest, etc. But still no fix until now.

Like0
    tCal
    tCal01/25/2021      15:29
    @Rocky:

Mine just updated last week too but it seems to be much better now. I have had no big issues yet. It only got confused in a room where I changed the furniture layout but perhaps that is to be expected.

Like0
    Rocky
    Rocky01/28/2021      22:12
    @tCal:

Strange. I tried to change into new water tank and mopping bracket. Problem still happen. My roborock works fine only on vacuum mode. Something need to be fixed on mopping mode

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/29/2021      02:47
    @Rocky:

Hi, thanks for your reply. Have you tried lowering the water level to low level? If you've done that, but the issue remains, we suggest you contact our support team to get a proper solution, support@roborock.com.

Note: Please email the purchase info and serial number together with the brief introduction of the current issue. Or you can attach the link.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Any update ?

Like0
    Rocky
    Rocky03/12/2021      23:26
    @Sharky:

No. They keep answering with same non working solution. I found this answer from another user :

(https://forum.roborock.com/discussion/3044/roborock-s5-max-navigation-issue/p1)

They mentioned about rubber wheel

Like0
  • Any update ? almost half year with this problem

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/10/2021      09:56
    @MonkeyShark:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried lowering the water level? If that doesn't fix the issue, please contact support@roborock.com for further help. Please tell them your device's SN and purchase information.

Like0
  • Any updates on the solution yet?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rocky
Welcome to Roborock Forum