S5 Max support for 2 floors?

S5 Max support for 2 floors?

What is the best way to clean 2 floors?

Should I carry only robot upstairs? Or do I have to carry the dock too?

What about maps? There are 3 maps, which one do I select for upstairs?

And the main question: is multi floor really supported as advertised??

Thank you.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• S5 MAX could save 3 maps. One is current map. The other 2 will be overwritten always and you may not find any rule which they are.

Therefore, the multiple map saved function is not well made at present and could not meet customers' need. We suggest customer reset map every time and bring dock with robot when the robot is brought to another floor.

As for multiple floor map saving, we are still working on it. Your understanding will be much appreciated.

Like1
    Jon
    Jon02/04/2020      00:11
    @RR_Support:

Same question/request here! We are loving our new S5 Max... his name is Rocky. He definitely gets confused when you bring him to a different floor than what is loaded as the “current map.” I’m experimenting now with just alternating which floor gets cleaned so there’s one floor in current and the same one in the autosaved backup, then the other floor in the manually saved spot. I hope that if I load up the proper map for whichever floor Rocky is currently cleaning, he will clean more accurately.

Added challenge: one of our floors has floor-to-ceiling mirrors on one wall (workout room)! That sure makes some funky maps when he scans it with his laser :)

Like0
    MyKnack
    MyKnack03/22/2020      17:52
    @RR_Support:

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Roborock 5S Max. I am a bit uncertain because I have 2-3 floors. So any updates on your development?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/23/2020      08:27
    @MyKnack:

Dear customer,

Thanks for your interest in Roborock.

However, we have not been informed when or if the multi floor saving map feature would be equipped with S5 max yet.

Like0
  • The same questions about 2-floor cleaning, must be a simple way, to clean different floors, without rebuilding maps.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/24/2020      08:51
    @XIRobo:

Thank you for your reply. About 2-floor cleaning, remember to bring both the dock and robot to the second floor and let your robot start cleaning from the charging dock, or your robot will get lost.

Like0
  • Hey,

I'm considering buying the S5 Max but this 2-floor issue is bothering me a bit. But I have a question - is it possible to have the S5 Max map the downstairs floor and then carry it upstairs to continue mapping the floor upstairs so that eventually I would have one map spanning over two floors?

Thanks.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/26/2020      08:43
    @Carolyn:

Hi Carolyn, Thank you for your reply. About multiple floor map saving mode, we are afraid this method is unworkable. But we've collected all of this demands and forwarded to our tech department. For further development, would you please keep your attention on our official website and Facebook? Thank you.

Like1
  • Hi, the S6 and S6 maxV now support multi floor map.

When this update gets to the S5 max?

Greetings.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/09/2020      05:43
    @vrgomes:

S6 and S6 Max are support multiple floor map, S5 Max the new firmware is under testing right now, and once every function available, it will be released to all our S5 Max users. Please kindly wait in patience. Thank you.

Like1
  • After using the robot for about 6 months in a 2 story house, I can confirm that this is NOT a multi-floor robot. If you have 2-3 floors, than this robot is NOT for you.

There is a way of using an existing Backup map when doing the 2nd floor, however it's a hack and I would not recommend you do this - quite often you end up loosing your 1st floor map, and then you have to redo all over again.

Hopefully, there will be software update soon.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/28/2020      09:28
    @Danijel:

Hi, the multi-floor maps feature has been released with the latest firmware on Roborock app. And 30% S5 Max users on Mi home are chosen by the server randomly to get the firmware.

If there is no multi-floor maps feature, it is suggested to switch to Roborock app or wait a few days for the update on Mi Home app.

And all the data are encrypted and cannot accessed without your account, so you do not have worry about that.

Like0
    Huey
    Huey05/28/2020      21:48
    @RR_Support:

Support, can you confirm whether or not multifloor mapping will be coming to the S4. I was under the impression that it was, but if it isnt then I may want to return my S4 within my 30 day return period. Willing to wait if it is though. Thanks

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/29/2020      08:00
    Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Danijel
Welcome to Roborock Forum