S5 Max mop doesnt work

S5 Max mop doesnt work

Hi, i have had s5 max for 2 months, niw the moppin seems to have trouble.

The mop cloth is always dry even when the water tank is full.

Please help

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

If the water comes out only a little or none at all, please try the methods below.

1. Wet the mopping cloth before mopping, install it, and start the robot for 10 minutes with the wet cloth to see if the floor is mopped.

2. Change another mopping cloth.

3. Make sure there is no detergent in the water because it might block the air-in hole.

4. Pump up air from the air-in hole (such as blow it) and see if there're any bubbles in the water. See attached picture.

5. Pump water from the water-out hole (such as suck it) and see if there's any water coming out. See attached picture.

6. Disable the carpet mode and try again. See attached picture.

Like0
    icyblu
    icyblu07/14/2020      01:59
    @RR_Support:

Thank you for the reply.

1. When the mop is wet from the start the floir will also get wet, but it will become less and less wet.

2. Havent tried it, ordering a new one. But there use to be 2 water spot at the mop cloth where the water drip but i cant see them now on the mop cloth.

3. I have clean and replace the water at tank.

4. When i blow the air in hole, theres air coming out from the other side hole.

5. There are watwr coming out from from water out hile when i suck it when the water level is above the hole, but the the water level drop under the hole, the water wont come out anymore, all i can hear is air sound from air in hole, is this normal?

6. Tried it, doesnt fix it

Like0
    icyblu
    icyblu07/14/2020      02:11
    @RR_Support:

Also, i notice the water will come out abit from the left drip hole (not leak), but completely dry at the right drip hole. So the mopping will have a bit wet on the left side, but dry on the half right side

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/16/2020      11:51
    @icyblu:

I see, could you tell us the purchase info? Like invoice or receipt, including seller's name, purchase date and order number.

Note: You can email us these info via support@roborock.com.

Like0
  • Im having same issue, have uneven mopping zones on the path roborock goes, thought it was normal until my mother in law ordered same roborock s5 max and i see that mine is not working correctly

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/07/2021      11:08
    @Towal:

Could you send us some cleanup map for reference?

Adjust the water volume to low and verify whether it works.

Like0
  • I also have same issue . And already try few things

1) clear the water tank and refil the water

2) open up the water tank and check the holes . There are no issue on blockage

please advise

thanks

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/02/2021      15:53
    @Ryan:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Please try the following and see if there will be 2 trails on the ground:

Install the water tank and mop bracket (without the mopping cloth). Please do the test below to see if the robot itself is fine or not.

1) Take the robot off the dock. Then turn off the robot by long pressing the power button. Then put it on the dock until the robot turns itself on. 

2) Start the robot from the dock. After the robot establishes its position (when the map appears on your phone), wait for about 20 seconds and observe if there're water trails on the ground. 

You can check the video below for reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pU8SgTnMK9PbZeW_S9BL97jnhZZLlmn4/view?usp=sharing

Like0
    Ryan
    Ryan09/26/2021      17:48
    @RR_Support:

I had try few times . There are no water coming out . Please advise the next step

thanks

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/27/2021      16:11
    @Ryan:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

In this case, there may be something wrong with the robot. We suggest you contact support@roborock.com to get further assistance.

Please provide them with your purchase information and the device's serial number.

Open the cover of the device and take out the dustbin. There's a barcode on the device (not on dustbin). The SN is under the barcode like R0201S82418800.

If the device has already been added to the app, SN could also be checked there. See attached picture "info"

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

icyblu
Welcome to Roborock Forum