Roborock and chairs with legs of steel pipes?

Roborock and chairs with legs of steel pipes?

Hi,

New here and we are looking into buying a robotic vacuum cleaner and the S6 MaxV is on top of my list at the moment.

But I'm a bit worried about how such a unit would handle our dining room chairs, as their legs is made of steel pipes that has a horizontal part from front to back leg on each side.

Like this:

Would it be clever enough to figure out where to go, or would it spend a lot of time climbing on the horizontal pipes and eventually get stucked now and then?

(Putting the chairs up-side-down on the table daily basis or a few times a week is not an option...)

Any thoughts or experience?

Best Regards

John

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, in my case I have the S5 Max and in this table the robot doesn't try to climb the horizontal pipe because the pipe touches the bumper, but I don't know what will be the behavior of the S6 VMax.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Like0
  • Hi buddy, which one did you finally go with? Even am looking for the same.

Regards,

Joshua Genin

Like0
  • Hello,

It is hard to say whether the S6 MaxV is clever enough to recognize them and avoid them. The size of obstacles which can be detected is 3 x 5 cm, therefore, it may get stuck on the chair legs.

Like0
  • Yeah, that cross bar is very close to the ground and I can guarantee the robot will try to climb it. I don't think there is a robot that would not do that. I personally have regular charirs with 4 pilar legs and I still lift them off the floor before vacuuming because the robot will tend to vacuum around every leg...

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/13/2021      08:18
    @vanostav61:

Yes, we guess this is the easiest solution right now. However, we think our tech team will also work hard to improve this situation in future.

Like0
    Mark
    Mark01/13/2021      13:20
    @RR_Support:

That would be neat. A robot that can lift things off the floor out of the way before it starts a run. There is a roborock youtuber fan, reviewer who shows such a robot but its a homebuilt bot I think and doesn't clean 🤡

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/14/2021      09:08
    @Mark:

😎

Like0
  • No it will get stuck on these legs 100%. It drives me nuts as we have to put them on the table like some restaurant at closing.

Like0
  • I am trying to post a photo but get 500 error.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/25/2023      08:29
    @Fusion:

Those chairs are considered to be easy-to-stuck obstacles for our robots.

You may need to set up a no-go zone in this area.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JohnBull
Welcome to Roborock Forum