S5 Max stops cleaning after "strong magnetic field detected"

S5 Max stops cleaning after "strong magnetic field detected"

Hi. I got a Roborock S5 Max a week ago, and I'm very happy with it. The only issue I have is that in some places in my flat it "gets confused" and starts to rotate for approximately a minute and after that it decides to finish the cleaning even though it didn't clean all flat. Once in the similar situation it said "Error 11: strong magnetic field detected", but there were no magnet tape of things that can cause a strong magnetic field nearby. Can I somehow make my robot ignore these "magnetic fields"? Because there's no danger for it nearby.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Have the same issue from day one. Fix it please! Stop ignoring users problems!

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/13/2021      15:59
    @justfox2:

Your feedback has been well-received.

We regret and apologize that the features you mentioned are currently not available. I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future, though I cannot say for certain when or if this will occur.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0
    Prajal
    Prajal11/25/2021      23:43
    @RR_Support:

Share a code, I will do it by myself. ramjiyaniprajal@gmail.com

Like0
  • Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

1. Could you pls check carefully whether there's any metal objects like screws stick at the bottom of the robot? Almost 90% of same issue is caused by something stick at bottom, not robot's own issue. See attached pic. If yes, pls remove them. 

2. Does your robot report erro 11 everywhere? If it's just somewhere, you could use an app to test magnetic strength of that area.

Step 1. Search Magnetic Detector Lite in app store (for iOS) or magnetic detector(for android) in google play and install it.

Step 2. Move phone from normal place to the position where robot says error 11 to see if the level of magnetic rises quickly and alerts. Remember lay down your body with robot's height and move phone to every place of suspicious area for several times as the app is not sensitive.

Like0
    L_Macabre
    L_Macabre07/16/2020      18:00
    @RR_Support:

Hi! Thank you for the quick answer. I checked the things you suggested:

1) There's no extraneous objects on the bottom of the robot, everything's clean and looks fine

2) My robot gets stuck at 3 areas in my flat. The magnetic field strength in those areas is reasonably higher than in all other areas in the apartment (the app vibrates there).

I've also managed to make the robot clean all apartment by placing no-go zones in those areas. But because of the robot avoiding these areas, dust piles there.

Is there a way to switch off or to remove this magnetic field sensor?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/17/2020      07:37
    @L_Macabre:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and info.

That's why your robot gets confused because it will detect a magnetic field and define its as a virtual wall. the robot won't clean those magnetic area. 

We are afraid there is no switch to turn off this sensor, considering the robot could not work well on your floor, the suggestion of us is that you could contact with seller and apply the warranty or return the robot to them. 

It's not means the robot is damaged or defective, all our robot could not work on magnetic field, and it won't be improved by setting or any other methods.

Like0
    Rich
    Rich01/16/2021      16:36
    @RR_Support:

this error is a problem for me and many other users around the world especially user who live in apartments

why don’t you as a company come up with a solution ?

most walls in apartments are made of metal studs and screws

and the floors are made of iron rebars and concrete

please don’t just say to return product but to come up with solution !

Like1
    Load More >>
  • Any timeline or timeframe to have a solution?

Like0
    VANT
    VANT01/20/2021      18:20
    @Rich:

A better solution would be to eliminate strong magnetic fields in your home. I've never heard of anyone having a similar problem.

This can have a negative effect on your health. Haven't you thought about it? The problem is not the metal elements in the walls or the floor because everyone would have such a problem, and it is not.

Like0
    Rich
    Rich01/22/2021      05:39
    @VANT:

how can we eliminate the magnetic field in an apartment building its in the

building materials

this problem is quite common in apartment building the magnetic field is located by the base of the floors where the robot works

why does the robot have this sensor anyway (besides using for boundaries)

will roborock support please reply

Like1
    Thieu
    Thieu02/02/2021      04:33
    @Rich:

I have the same problem. The magnetic field is just higher than other places, and it is in the accepted range. As a IT dev, I think it is possible to turn off the virtual wall feature, if Roborock really wants to help the customers.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Please please fix this. I've had this issue for a year and it means there are certain areas around my house my robot can't clean. Since the boundaries are all virtual, there's no need for magnetic field detection. I also live in a condo building and it seems these issues are more prevalent in these types of buildings.

Thanks

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/31/2021      09:48
    @yoyotogblo:

Hi, thanks for your reaching out. Have you checked if troubleshooting methods in the previous answers?

1. Could you pls check carefully whether there's any metal objects like screws stick at the bottom of the robot? Almost 90% of same issue is caused by something stick at bottom, not robot's own issue. See attached pic. If yes, pls remove them. 

2. Does your robot report erro 11 everywhere? If it's just somewhere, you could use an app to test magnetic strength of that area.

Step 1. Search Magnetic Detector Lite in app store (for iOS) or magnetic detector(for android) in google play and install it.

Step 2. Move phone from normal place to the position where robot says error 11 to see if the level of magnetic rises quickly and alerts. Remember lay down your body with robot's height and move phone to every place of suspicious area for several times as the app is not sensitive.

Like0
  • Hi same problem here. Getting worse too. Any updates on overriding the magnetic tape detection?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/27/2021      16:09
    @Carlos Brambila:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. Currently only S7 won't detect the magnetic filed.

May I know if the issue occurs from day 1 or just recently?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L_Macabre
Welcome to Roborock Forum