S5 MAX STUCK ONLY TO ONE TYPE OF FURNITURE LEG

S5 MAX STUCK ONLY TO ONE TYPE OF FURNITURE LEG

Hi,

I am a 2-3 weeks old first-time robot owner. I own a S5 MAX.

I am mostly happy, there is no problem.

But I have a sofa with "angled" "metal" "sharp edges" "black" legs. And robot stuck there 8 of 10 times."

I talked to the furniture company; I will change the legs.

But I thought your engineer team should see this leg.

I cleaned sensors many times, but ...

I attached the pictures. (I also attached another angled furniture leg, but it do not create any problem) But sofa leg angles are really high and sharp.

If you have a solution, please tell me.

And please forward these photos to your engineer team.

Thanks.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thank for your reaching out. Could you please send us some pictures or video link to show how the robot got stuck under the sofa? We'll forward the video and pictures to our tech team.

Like0
    berker
    berker02/04/2021      19:43
    @RR_Support:

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I will try to shoot a video, but please look at the photos I attached above. (sofa legs with robot)

Let me explain:

While robot cleaning around sofa, when it reach to sofa legs, it starts "classic circle move" around these legs. (regular move, like any chair leg)

But as you see the shape and angle of the sofa leg:

while it makes that circle move from behind to front as close as possible to leg (as normal) robot start to stuck and scratch slowly and other side of the robot rise up.

i think, sensors are at low level, close to ground, they see the leg's "far" "close to ground" part. (if you think it as a triangle, "far corner")

Also legs shape is kind of U profile, inside is empty. you can see this in the photo.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/05/2021      09:04
    @berker:

Hi, thanks for your reply. We have forwarded the pictures to our tech team and will try to manage it in the future.

Currently, we suggest you set no go zone near the legs.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

berker
Welcome to Roborock Forum