Problems with mapping

Problems with mapping

Hello everyone!

For two week I'm in the possessing of a S4 Pure. I've a house with two parts (not two floors), which are separated by 3 steps. I've a different map for each part, because Roborock can’t go downstairs alone (3 steps). I did the first map and the second with the docking.

Roborock works well when it works several times at the same part of the house. But when I put Roborock on the other part of the house, it can’t find alone that part’s map. So, I need to restore the map of this part of the house (manually). This works sometimes, others don’t. Sometimes when I restore the map, Roborock doesn’t recognize it, and starts looking for the map during several minutes and then returns to the docking. It doesn’t work anymore, because it doesn’t know where it is in this moment. Other time, after looking for the his localization during several minutes and several times, it can finally recognize the map. 

This happen when I move it from the higher part of the house to the lower (and vice versa).

Additional information:

First, I try several ways to solve this problem: sometimes I turn off Roborock, before moving it to the other part of the house; sometimes don’t. The problem remains whatever I do. 

Second, the map of the higher part of the house extents to the lower part of the house. One of this extension of the higher part’s map is behind a wall, so I don’t know how it detect this lower part behind the wall. The second extension of the higher part’s map is near the 3 steps that divides the two parts of the house. This second extension spans these 3 steps and a small area of the lower part of the house near these 3 steps. I don’t have any door to close in order to prevent this extension of the higher part’s map.  I’ve tried to solve this partial overlapping of maps erasing these extensions of the higher part’s map, but I can’t erase it.

I can’t use Roborock like this, because when I change the part of the house, I’m facing several issues. What can’t I do to solve this? Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Is your robot S4 Max or S6 Pure?

Please send us the pictures of the two maps you created.

Please show us some pictures of the steps between the two parts, what about the height?

FYI, usually, we do not suggest you create two maps for the same floor, the robot may get confused and it will affect the performance.

Like0
    AtremVar
    AtremVar01/08/2021      20:22
    @RR_Support:

Hello!

Sorry for my mistake. It is a S6 Pure. I’m sending to you one photo of the stairs, the 2 maps (isolated) and the 2 maps overlapped.

Analyzing the 2 maps, I realized that one extension of the higher part’s map is outside the house. I don’t know how it is possible, if the main door is close. On this last map, I’ve marked the 3 steps.

The height of steps (stairs) is 62 centimeters / 24.40 inches (in total between the two parts of the house).

I understand the issue of creating 2 maps in these conditions. But how can I create just one map for the entire house? Roborock doesn’t go upstairs and downstairs alone. If I move Roborock  during the mapping from one part to the others in order to create just one map, it will be completed confused and will not save the map. So, I don’t know what to do…   

Best regards,

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/09/2021      09:58
    @AtremVar:

Hello,

You can use a ramp or a board to help the robot get over the stairs to map the entire floor.

Or you can try to set invisible wall on the current two maps near the stairs; also, for the higher part, you can set a no go zone or invisible wall around the area which is outside of the house.

Like0
    AtremVar
    AtremVar01/09/2021      15:54
    @RR_Support:

Thank you. But sorry! I didn’t get the point of your suggestions.

The first one is to use a board or a ramp to map the floor. I will do this just once and I will map with docking at the higher part (for instance). It means that when I will clean a room at the lower part and it will finish the work, it will try to find the docking to finish this cycle of cleaning. And the docking is in the other part. So, it can´t finish this cycle of cleaning and I can’t do this manually, except if I start another one. So, it will have an incomplete cycle and at the same time I will move it to approach it from the docking (I will move it to the higher part). Roborock will be very confused with this, won’t it? The problems with confusion to identify where it is will remain, won’t they?

Talking about the second suggestion. If I set a no go zone or invisible wall around the area which is outside of the house and the others that are inside the house, but which belong to the lower part, I will forbid Roborock to go to these parts. But the issue is not the physical moving. Even in this situation, Roborock will identify this parts that were forbidden, and the confusion remain. It won’t go there, buy these parts overlapped exist to Roborock. The question is preventing that it can detect these parts overlapped (inside the house), not to forbid the physical moving. Isn’t it?

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Hello,

I put a physical obstacle between the lower part and the higher part. Near the stairs the problem was solved, but I can clearly see parts of the two maps overlapped. This is nothing to do with the stairs. It still detects zones behind some walls, as from the beginning. So, there are physical obstacles (wall) and Roborock doesn’t detect these walls.

After that Roborock' work varies a lot: some days it is OK and other days it is a headache for me.  One of the big issues is to finish cleaning in the part (in my case the lower part) where is no docking. How can I finish the cleaning cycle, if I can’t cancel it? I do not have a docking downstairs. I need to move it with my own hands and then I put it in the higher part. Upstairs Roborock is completely lost. Sometimes returns immediately to docking other lasts 3 or 4 minutes. You real need to solve this issue with a cancel button, to cancel cycle of cleaning.

Then I return to my house and I left Roborock at my mom’s house. She has worked with it during 2 days without any problems and then it stopped: Roborock disappeared from the her app. My mum have tried several days,but it still doesn’t work. Should my mother install it again? The point is that my mother has some problems with new technology, and I’m abroad and I can’t return to do this. Are there some way to make Roborock appear in the app again? I think she can map from the beginning, but I strongly believe that will be impossible to her to divide rooms and give them a name (Roborock doesn’t separate  them in the map).

Thanks!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/06/2021      16:02
    @AtremVar:

Could you please send us a screenshot to show page where Roborock disappeared?

Like0
    AtremVar
    AtremVar02/08/2021      18:30
    @RR_Support:

Hello,

There it is.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/11/2021      03:10
    @AtremVar:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

We suggest you reboot the device (long press the power button to switch it off, and then long press the same button to switch it back on). Please observe how the wifi indicator light (the blue light) will flash.

If it's flashing slowly, it means the device is not connected. We suggest your mom try reconnect the device.

If it's solid on, it means the device is connected. Then you can wait for a while, exit the app, and then open it again to check if it can appear in the app.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AtremVar
Welcome to Roborock Forum