Alexa tell roborock to clean kitchen

Alexa tell roborock to clean kitchen

I found this in a review for Roborock plus skill review.

"Finally, surprisingly, last day I found it works with specific rooms. Have to be named in English. And need to ASK ("Alexa, ask Roborock to clean kitchen", for example)."

Doesn't work for me, has anyone else got this to work? When I say Alexa, tell Roborock to clean kitchen, it still just starts a full cleaning?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Could you please tell us which region you select in the app and your device's info?See attached picture.

Like0
  • Model : roborock.vacuum.a19, Serial Number : R18N5K03904783, UID : rr5dd52ce7e45830, App Version : 2.3.32(Android 28), Firmware Version : 01.03.56, Plug-In Version : RR_MDX_1016, DID : rr_2PlAsNZGRUAqy9sM2SDFWM, Wi-Fi Name : mikehome, IP Address : 192.168.1.155, MAC Address : b0:4a:39:05:65:28, 

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/11/2021      02:38
    @mike:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

1. Have you paired the device the roborock plus skill?
    2. If yes, could you please tell us how the robot will respond if you ask it to clean for example the kitchen? Will it clean the entire house or will it just not respond at all?
    3. If the robot cleans the entire house, please try and use the name by default, rather then custom name to have a try.

Like0
  • It didn't used to work for me and behaved as you described but recently I found it was working. I have no idea when or what changed. I am using a s6 mzv with the roborock app, .de alexa app with everything set to English.

Like0
  • it works for me. You literally have to say "Alexa ASK roborock to clean the kitchen". The key is you must say "ASK" not "TELL." Doing that, it works perfectly.

I do have issues getting it to clean some of my other rooms, though. It does kitchen/living room just fine, but doesn't seem to understand me when I say 'Guest Room' or 'Playroom' or 'Master Bedroom'... I wonder if those names are too long/hard? Perhaps I'll try easier names. Has anyone else tried this?

Like0
    Mark
    Mark02/13/2021      07:35
    @GeorgeSully:

You can check the Alexa app to see what it thought it heard.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mike
Welcome to Roborock Forum