Roborock S4 Max not connecting to Google Home

Roborock S4 Max not connecting to Google Home

I set it up last night, and it was working. Then today, it said it wouldn't connect. So I unlinked it from Google Home (including removing it from my "linked accounts" through my google profile, but now it won't connect. I add it through the Google Home set up process, it says "Roborock is linked" at the bottom (iOS), but then it spins for a few minutes, then says, "Something went wrong. Try again." And then back around again. No idea how to get it to connect again. Please help!!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Having the exact sane problem and exact timing with roborock S5 Max via roborock app and google home

Like2
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/14/2021      13:22
    @Arda:

Could you try to link your app account to Google Home one more time to check if the issue is still there?

Like0
  • I'm having the same issue with my S4. It's very frustrating.

Like1
    piedmontphoto
    piedmontphoto02/28/2021      20:23
    @piedmontphoto:

The problem seems to have resolved itself. Love my avatar, btw. It looks just like me only completely different.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/02/2021      04:14
    @piedmontphoto:

Hi, thanks for your updates. We've forward your feedback to our tech team. We'll let you know once we receive updates from them.

Like0
  • having the exact same problem with Roborock S6 + Roborock app. worked fine until yesterday.

When trying to add Roborock service I get "couldn't update the setting. check your connection"

in the Google linked accounts page https://myaccount.google.com/accountlinking , I can see the Roborock account as linked. This makes me think the issue is on Roborock's server side .

I tried to unlink the service and link again (several times) - it gets to Roborock oauth page asking for my app username/password and returns to Google Assistant settings app with the above error. Also tried several browsers - with no change

My phone is Oneplus 8 running Android 11 . Also tried another phone with Android 9 - exact same results

Dear Roborock support team - before you reply here with a standard template and/or screenshots of settings we already checked - please read our messages again. Also, when the issue is for several customers with different setups (and robots) - this is very likely a problem on your end. thank you

Like0
    RR_Support
    @anonyless:

Could you try to link your app account to Google Home one more time to check if the issue is still there?

Like0
    anonyless
    anonyless02/14/2021      13:42
    @RR_Support:

it's working again now. thanks

Like0
  • Same problem I'm having

Like0
    RR_Support
    @rock22:

Like0
  • I’m having the same issue with the S6 MaxV

Like0
    RR_Support
    @Chase:

Like0
  • I am having the same issue with my S6 pure. Tried linking and unlinking couple of times but no luck. Please help!

Like0
  • Hello, if you have the same issue, please try rebooting your device and unlinking and the linking the device with your google home. If the issue still persists after that, please leave your comments below.

Like0
  • Same problem for me on my s5 max. Google home says there is a problem with connecting to roborock. I unlinked and relinked, then I get the error message from google home app to check my connection. The account shows linked in a browser but not in the app. I rebooted the roborock, cleared cache in apps ang nothing has helped.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/25/2021      13:23
    @S1093:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Would you please help confirm some info below?

1. What's the account for the Roborock app and your Google home app?

2. Could you tell us your device's info?

Make sure robot is connected to app and go to robot's setting, click "copy all" and then paste all the text (not picture). See attached picture"info".

3. Which region do you select for the Roborock app? 

4. Could you send us a screen recording/video to show the whole process with failure? We believe a video could help us know what is wrong and give you a solution.

It is suggested to upload the video online like google drive and send us the video link if the video is large. (remember to add our address to list to access video)

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jay
Welcome to Roborock Forum