Error 5 "Main Brush might be blocked

Error 5 "Main Brush might be blocked

I have had S6 for 3 days, Won't complete 1 run without brush error, We have new carpet, meduim pile, not shag or xtra deep. Brush is brand new no hair, I really like this bot and hate to return it, From what I can tell from google lots people have same issue. Too bad great product when it work, I was hoping update would fix it, no luck.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• They solved this! Great support and product

Like1
    sds
    sds12/05/2020      16:59
    @Tomw8073:

Hi,

I am getting the same error. How did they resolve the error?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/08/2020      15:01
    @sds:

What is the model number of your robot?

Does this issue happen on both hard floor and carpet? Please send us some pictures of the main brush you use.

Like0
  • We are sorry for the trouble you are facing.

May i know if you have enabled carpet boost mode? Could you send us a picture of the carpet?

Like0
  • No carpet mode is not on, Thanks for reply!! sorry for multi post, I never run it on turbo mode, usually standard or silent, I really love the job it does and the mop works well, I dont mind if errors once in awhile, nothing is perfect [ except my wife she says. ]but happens too often. I posted photo # 2 with vacume running, His name is Bash, above this post, oops

Like0Reply

Like0
  • It is new carpet and pad, i would say medium pile .

Like0
  • Solved! Once I turned on carpet mode as you suggested it never Errored again! I saw that option and it said would "increase suction" and I thought it would make it worse. Thats my bad for thinking! Thank-you for the GREAT support. Hands down this is the best Robo vacume I have had.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/14/2020      03:13
    @Tomw8073:

Glad to hear that problem solved and thanks for your praise on our product.

Have a great day!

Like0
  • I have the same error with my S6. Error 5 claiming that the filter is either wet or blocked. I have cleaned the bearings and brush to ensure there are no obstructions. I have bought a new filter and the error keeps on occurring claiming that the filter is blocked and wet. This then causes the product to stop mid cycle. I also checked and the carpet boots setting was on. Can I get help to troubleshoot this error?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/18/2022      16:58
    @WillyWill:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. According to your description, it seems that there's the error 10 rather than error 5. Would you please try the following?

1. Empty the dust bin. Clean the filter and dry it outside in the sunshine for at least 12 hours.

2. Replace the filter with a brand new one from the original package box if there is. Then please reboot your device to see if the error will go away (take the robot off the dock, then long press the power button to switch it off and then press the same button to turn it back on).

3. Please send us some pictures to show both sides of your filter.

4. Change the cleaning mode to balance/normal and see if the issue persists.

5. Try to upgrade the firmware version of your robot.

6. Clap the fan slightly like the video below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17mOVnVn7aNj_k2IRSDsfvd5WwSrluSg-

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tomw8073
Welcome to Roborock Forum