ROborock S5 - Connection Timed Out after installing recent firmware update

ROborock S5 - Connection Timed Out after installing recent firmware update

Hi,

After having updated the firmware on Friday, today I wanted to clean my flat. Unfortunately, I keep getting the "Connection Timed out" error. Already tried reseting my router, wifi settings in Roborock, resetting the cleaner to factory settings, adding it as a new device, and reinstalling the app on my iPhone but nothing helped. Funny fact - when I press the entre button, it cleans the flat but I still can't connect it to my network to direct it to a specific room. When I add it as a new device, it's successful but it still doesn't connect to network. Please help as I already wasted two hours trying to figure out what's wrong...

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Oh and my region is set to Germany (don't know why, I live in Poland but when I installed the app a few years ago and then added all the devices, the app asked me to set this region. Everything had been working fine until today).

Like0
    jack
    jack02/21/2021      20:57
    @Arek:

I have the same problem with Roborock6 in polish version of Xiaomi Home. First there was app info that network is working to slow but all other devices working on 2,4 WiFi are working as usual also internet speed is normal. I had to remove roborock from app, reinstall app but I cant add roborock again. Please help me !!!

Like0
    jack
    jack02/22/2021      07:43
    @jack:

OK so i had to connect my smartphone directly to Roborock local Wi-Fi network and then i was able to add vacuum to Xiaomi Home manual.

Like0
  • Hi, thanks for your reply.

Can you please try connecting the device to a hotspot to see if the issue will go away?

You need to first get 2 smart phones( A and B) .

1. Enable phone A's hotspot in phone's setting and create a name and password of hotspot.

2. Use phone B to install app and try to make robot cleaner connect hotspot sent from phone A.

Forget about the wifi from router in the whole process.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/22/2021      08:27
    @RR_Support:

"Funny fact - when I press the entre button, it cleans the flat but I still can't connect it to my network to direct it to a specific room." Could you please tell us which button you pressed? Is it a physical button on the robot or any button in the app? Maybe you can send us a screenshot or a picture to show it.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arek
Welcome to Roborock Forum