Device offline

My roborock s5 max works well until today it shows device offline in the app. I have tried reboot the machine and reset the WiFi connection, neither work. What else could I do to bring it online?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Could you please tell us which app you're using? Mihome or roborock app? On IOS or android phone?

Like0
    appleeatkitten
    appleeatkitten03/02/2021      15:49
    @RR_Support:

Sure. Roborock on IOS. I have tried updating the app. It still shows as device offline as of today (March 2nd, 2021). Thanks for your help.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/05/2021      00:31
    @appleeatkitten:

Hi, thanks for your reply. Please double check if the steps you've taken to connect the app are correct:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19TbX1tavZdYz-41szr74JD4a5GFvMtop/view?usp=sharing

Our devices doesn't support 5GHZ wifi. If your set-up steps are correct but it's still not connecting, try methods below:

1. Make sure the password of your wifi you've input is correct.

2. Don't use an android tablet, iPad, iPhone 5 or iPhone 5C to connect the robot as there might be a compatible issue.

3. Enable location permission for the app. See attached picture.

4. If you're using IOS 14 or later systems, please enable local network for the app. See attached picture.

5. Pay more attention to the select wifi step. See attached picture "select your home wifi".

6. If there are special characters like !@#$ in your wifi name or password, it's suggested to remove them in the router settings.

7. The robot doesn't support WEP encryption mode. If your wifi is WEP, change it to WPA or WPA2.

8. If you understand the router's setting very well, try to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 in the router's settings page.

9. Reboot your device and router and try again.

Like0
    appleeatkitten
    appleeatkitten03/11/2021      02:23
    @RR_Support:

I got it back online by re-setting the wifi last weekend. But today it shows as device offline again. Anything I can do to fix the issue permanently?

Like0
    Load More >>
  • This same thing is happening to me as well. Blue light flashing and “device offline” error even though all other devices are still connected.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/05/2021      00:32
    @Amy:

Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you mean you have other roborock devices connected to wifi, but only the S5max offline?

If that's the case, we suggest you move the device closer to your router, and try reseting wifi.

Like0
    Vansh
    Vansh03/07/2021      14:46
    @RR_Support:

I have the same issue with my roborock s5. i have tried various methods, have changed routers,tried hotspots,resetted it multiple time and also changed the location to Singapore and Germany on Mi Home.

but none of the method worked .Please help me

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/12/2021      16:01
    @Vansh:

Could you please use another phone to take a video showing how you connect the device to wifi via the app and send us the video? We believe the video can help us figure out a solution.

1. We suggest you put the camera close to the phone screen. 

2. Please also record how the wifi indicator flashes in the connection process.

It's suggested to upload the video to google drive and share us the link if video file is large (please don't forget to give us the permission to view the video).

Like0
  • Do you still have issues these days? Mine was down today as well. And try to figure out the solutions

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/19/2021      00:25
    @CCpotato:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. You can reboot the robot and the router and reset wifi. If that doesn't work, please tell us which model you're using, like S5, S6, etc., and the system you're using like Android or iphone, and which app you're using, Mihome or roborock.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

appleeatkitten
Welcome to Roborock Forum