Auto Empty

Hello, I am in the market for a robot vacuum, and started looking at the models with an auto empty function. However, after reading many reviews and watching several videos on YouTube, I have decided that the best one for me is a Roborock S5 Max. I really like its navigation intelligence, cleaning power, and overall quality. I just wish that it had an auto empty station. Will a version be coming with auto empty?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hey guys please prioritize this feature. Automatic Dirt Disposal is the only clear competitive advantage iRobot has over Roborock.

Like2
  • Count me in, I would love a Roborock with self emtying capabilities.

Like2
  • Sound like a good idea. We'll forward your feedback to our team. Thanks for your suggestion.

Like1
    jim
    jim06/28/2020      17:49
    @RR_Suggestions:

Here's a way to get around the iRobot patent: Have the auto-empty station use a mechanical drop or push mechanism to empty the debris instead of a pneumatic conduit. (The iRobot patent talks throughout about it's pneumatic evacuation. Avoid that method.)

Like0
  • This is probably the only thing holding me back from purchasing an S5 Max too.

Like1
    RR_Suggestions
    RR_SuggestionsStaff Member07/07/2020      07:18
    @Pattus:

We value any user's feedback and usage experience. We've heard your voice. Please keep your expectation.

Like1
    Luc-e
    Luc-e08/05/2020      14:56
    @RR_Suggestions:

To give this maybe a little more priority i'm also commenting on this one :)

I'm owning an i7+ with the auto empty dock. I'm reviewing all the roborock models since the s4 I think and i'm desperately waiting for a roborock with autoempty :) Compared to the modern roborocks the i7 seems pretty "old" and has a lot of bugs. Only thing holding me back is the auto empty. With 2 cats at home, the bin is full every evening from cat hair and sand. If you will bring an s6maxv like robot with auto empty I would also be willing to pay 1000$.

Maybe on chrismas ? ;)

Like1
    RR_Suggestions
    RR_SuggestionsStaff Member12/07/2020      09:40
    @Luc-e:

Thanks for your support. We know auto empty is one of your wish. And we would forward your advice to our team.

Like1
    Load More >>
  • irobot has a patent on that, and is sueing the Shark IQ over it. Ridiculous as a patent may be on something anyone of use could have thought off. I mean, they did also patent room selection and recharge and resume for a robot vacuum. Those dont seem likely to stand up in court (IANAL), but the self emptying might.

Like1
    RR_Suggestions
    RR_SuggestionsStaff Member07/07/2020      07:15
    @Vertigo:

Thanks for your support.

Like0
    vanostav61
    vanostav6101/07/2021      06:15
    @Vertigo:

I don't think this affects Roborock since it's not a US based company. Neato holds the patent for LIDAR but this doesn't stop Roborock from using it.

Like1
  • Swappable bins with a bin cleaning station maybe with an integrated battery. Swap one unit for the "cleaned and charged" unit and you are back up and running. Might be a decent alternative to the iRobot patented method.

Assuming there's no easy way to have full self cleaning for now the real problem with manual emptying is the mess and the difficulty getting pet hair and fibers out of the unit. If you are cleaning the bin by itself (vs the full vacuum this could be an alternative that doesn't violate the patent.

Like1
  • Yes, please rush the development of an automatic disposal unit that works with all the models. I’d be one of the first in line to purchase considering the crazy amount of dog hair my two Corgis shed daily.. The only complaint I have with my S5 unit is that the waste container is so small I have to locate the unit and empty the bin several times during each run or it gets too full and starts leaving piles of fur everywhere. This means I can only run it when I’m home to empty it, so it sort of defeats part of the purpose for purchasing a robotic vacuum. An automatic disposal unit would resolve my one con and probably redirect a lot of new buyers that are impressed with the Roborock but purchase another brand with more capacity or with an automatic disposal unit. I was just considering a new unit due to this issue. The Proscenic M7 Pro is on sale today, so very affordable and has the automatic disposal unit for $100. I decided to see if Roborock might be putting one out before I purchased and just found this forum. How are they able to offer this type of unit but Roborock can’t due to iRobot’s patent?

Like1
  • I have an S4, and I absolutely am a big fan, but I still had to go out and get an iRobot i7 just for the clean base. As far as the robots go, both are great, but I really prefer the S4. A self disposal base would totally up Roborock's game. I would have purchase the S6 Max V had there been a disposable base available.

Keep up the good work Roborock. You products are great, performance and value. Inovate and get that base option, and I'd be a very happy beta tester for you! ;-)

Hallbe

Like1
  • I have bought 2 devices (for 2 floors) and I'll be happy to buy Auto Empty device when it will work with S5.

I think all the customers will buy it, no reason why you should not buy the Auto Empty device if it works fine with old models.

Like1
  • If there’s a patent on the self empty station, how come ecovacs offer one too?? There are a few companies how offer a self emptying station by now.

Like0
  • Same. I’d buy the max 6 in a heartbeat if it had the auto empty dock. This is literally the only reason I bought an iRobot s9+ instead. Please prioritize this feature so I can sell my iRobot and buy one from you instead!

Like0
  • I choose the Roborock S5 Max vacuum over a vacuum from a competitor that has an auto bin option. I literally bought the i7 for a great price but when I saw the Roborock was on sale for only modestly more money, I went with what I consider the superior vacuum for my needs right now so I will be returning or selling the other vacuum. It would be nice to add this feature to the Roborock vacuums but I decided to go with the Roborock over a competing vac because other features like better vacuuming performance, mopping, less expensive accessories and a quieter vacuum were more important to me than auto empty.

If it comes out, I would consider upgrading in the future but only if the auto empty has high reliability. Without that reliability, I don't think it would be worth it.

Like0
  • I’ve been looking at a lot of vacuuming accessories and the roborock is nice but I think the S7 should have kept the AI camera like the S6. The mop seems like a really big upgrade from the S6. Does anyone know if the the self dispensing will be compatible with the S6?

Like0
    Alex
    Alex03/17/2021      20:46
    @Dub:

No, the self auto empty bin will only be compatible starting with the S7 model and with future models.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DanKirk
Welcome to Roborock Forum