S5 Max Roborock app keeps shutting down Map page

S5 Max Roborock app keeps shutting down Map page

Just received S5 Max yesterday and having a nightmare trying to use the Roborock app. When opening 'Enter Robot' it consistently keeps shutting that page down and going back to the previous device page. After maybe 20 times of trying the map page will hold for 10 seconds then close again. If you are quick you can save your edits, but it's not what I expect from something costing this much!

I've updated the firmware, reset, re-installed the app etc. Using Galaxy S4 Mobile with Android 5.0.1

Do I need to send this robot back to the supplier?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I have the exact same issue when I run the roborock app under bluestacks (android emulator for PC, I think it runs android 7.1?). I dont have the issue on my phone or tablet (both running android 9)

You could try running the Mi Home app instead, I think that one did work under bluestacks.

Like0
  • We are sorry for the trouble you are facing.

The app may be incompatible with some android phones if the operation system/android version is old. May i suggest you use another phone to have a try? Or you could try to use mihome app.

Like0
    Perce
    Perce02/15/2020      05:32
    @RR_Support:

According to the app spec it is compatible with Android 5+, I have 5.0.1. The Samsung Galaxy S4 which I have is a mainstream product, never had any app issues before. I don't have access to another mobile. Installing the mihome app was very problematic but once installed does seem to work better than the Roborock app. With still a lot of people using older Android phones, I would suggest you make your app more compatible so the product is at least usable inline with your compatibilty guidelines.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perce
Welcome to Roborock Forum