Blocked Strainer

Blocked Strainer

My S5 Max had an error notice saying the strainer may be incompletely dried or blocked. This will reduce the suction capacity of the fan. Where is the strainer and how do I clean?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

The strainer is the hepa filter which is attached to the dust bin. You can take out the dust bin to get the strainer.

You could try methods below.

1. Empty dust bin. Clean filter and dry it outside under sunshine for at least 12 hours.

2. Replace the filter with a brand new one from original package box.

3. Pls send us some pictures to show your filter.

4. Change cleaning mode to Max and put your hand close to vent to feel if there is a strong wind. See attached picture.

5. Clap fan slightly like video in link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17mOVnVn7aNj_k2IRSDsfvd5WwSrluSg-

Like0
  • I aM having the same issue as described above but my filter is brand new. Changed it multiple times. How can I fix this??

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/26/2021      15:48
    @Rosie:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Could you please send us some pictures to show both sides of your filter?

Like0
  • I dismantled the vacuum (Roborock 55) and found a lot uf dog hair in the strainer. It's super easy. Just be patient and do not lose any screws.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/25/2022      13:47
    @momo:

Hi, thanks for posting. For some models, dismantling is relatively easy while for others it might be more difficult. Glad to hear that it's working after cleaning it thorougly. If the device is still under warranty, it's suggested to initiate the warranty process because dismantling may void the warranty.

Best regards.

Like0
  • Hi, I had the same issue, replacing the filters didn’t help. Took it apart and found this, tapping doesn’t help. The whole process took about 2 hours, you can find a disassembly guide on the internet. I only had one spare scrw at the end!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/02/2023      14:21
    @Halbot:

Hello, thanks for your updates. The blockage on the fan intake can be causing the issue as well.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NJResident
Welcome to Roborock Forum