Roborock S6 shows as "Device Offline" on Roborock app

Roborock S6 shows as "Device Offline" on Roborock app

Hi,

I have a S6 but it shows as "Device Offline" on Roborock app. I can get it to work by resetting the wifi pairing by simultaneously pressing two buttons on the robot, but the problem occurs again in a few days on its own. I have never seen it recover on its own. Can I get help with keeping it connected to wifi?

To help the support team diagnose the issue:

• I have separate SSIDs for 2.4g and 5g wifi, and the robot is only paired with 2.4g.
  • I am using WPA2 encryption.
  • A local IP address is reserved for the robot, based on the MAC address of the robot.
  • The LED indicator on the robot is blinking fast. This is faster than when it is waiting to be paired to a router.
  • The robot navigates normally when triggered by directly pressing the button on the robot.
  • I have multiple other smart home devices paired with the same 2.4g wifi. All of them have a local IP address reserved based on the MAC address.

Thanks,

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

1. What is happening frequency of offline issue? Is there any rule about it?

2. What is device's wifi indicator status when you find it offline? off, solid on or blinking?

3. Please reboot your device and wait for a while to see if the device can be back online automatically (take the device off the dock, then long press the power button to switch off the device and then long press the same button to switch it back on).

4. Reboot your router to see if it works.

5. What is your router's brand and model?

Like0
    lyra
    lyra07/10/2021      20:40
    @RR_Support:

Answered below.

1. What is happening frequency of offline issue? Is there any rule about it?

• The device shows up as offline in a few days after pairing. I have not noticed any other pattern other than the elapsed time after the pairing.

2. What is device's wifi indicator status when you find it offline? off, solid on or blinking?

• Fast blinking. This is faster than when it is waiting to be paired to a router.

3. Please reboot your device and wait for a while to see if the device can be back online automatically (take the device off the dock, then long press the power button to switch off the device and then long press the same button to switch it back on).

• Tried a few times but the device did not show up as online. I also tried bringing the robot closer to the router.

4. Reboot your router to see if it works.

• - Tried but did not work.

5. What is your router's brand and model?

Like0
    lyra
    lyra07/10/2021      20:44
    @RR_Support:

I just tried to reset pairing, but this time the pairing fails at Step 3/3 where the robot is trying to connect to router.

I am using my router's 2.4g SSID and not the robot's SSID.

Like0
    lyra
    lyra07/10/2021      20:51
    @RR_Support:

I removed hyphens from wifi SSID and it successfully connected to router. Well technically a hyphen is a special character. Looks like something went haywire with character encoding.

I don't know whether this is going to resolve the offline issue yet, but I will see if it stays online for a few weeks and post an update here.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lyra
Welcome to Roborock Forum