S5 Max blinking LEDs brightly in the middle of the night, even though DND is on

S5 Max blinking LEDs brightly in the middle of the night, even though DND is on

My S5 Max robot is located in the bedroom. I am very sensitive to light and need to sleep in a totally dark room. DND works great most of the time. But on several occasions, in the middle of the night, both buttons have started flashing very brightly together for about 20 seconds, and then it stops. The lights are bright enough to wake me up. When it happens, it is always around 2 AM or 3 AM. I would suspect that it was receiving a firmware update but those don't happen automatically. Regardless of the reason why the robot decides to flash its lights brightly, that needs to be fixed so that it respects DND mode.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, we feel sorry for your inconvenience caused.

The device will reboot itself automatically in around 3AM. The buttons will flash for a few seconds. But the reboot is done in a silent mode. This is to prepare the device to run properly in the next cleanups.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, and will report your feedback to our tech team.

Best regards.

Like0
    TallerGal
    TallerGal09/16/2021      13:28
    @RR_Support:

I don't know what you mean by "silent mode". It does not make noise, that is true. But the flashing bright lights are enough to wake someone with light sensitivity, and that should not happen during Do Not Disturb mode.

This seems simple to fix .. just defer the reboot until the DND period ends. Or better yet, write better firmware so that reboots are not required.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/19/2021      09:11
    @TallerGal:

Hi, thanks for your suggestions.

We will forward your advice to the relevant team and will try to manage it in the future.

Thanks for your idea and suggestion.

Like0
    VANT
    VANT09/28/2021      17:35
    @RR_Support:

I noticed it a long time ago. Thank you for explaining what that means exactly.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TallerGal
Welcome to Roborock Forum