S7 side brush tangling in carpet

S7 side brush tangling in carpet

Is there a way to turn off the side brush on carpet mode? It keeps tangling itself in the carpet and destroying either the carpet fibers or the side brush itself. First time turning it on and running it, it got tangled up in the carpet and broke two of the rubber bristles.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, we feel sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please send us a picture to show your carpet? We do have another type of side brush that can work better on some carpet.

Like0
  • Hello I have the exact same issue! Got my S7 yesterday, and started my whole house mapping/cleaning and it has tangled in my area rug very very bad twice now. Since I don't have a complete room map so I am not sure how to setup the no go zone to stop it from going onto the rug, but also this is a HUGE disappointment because I needed that rug vacuumed too!

Also I am very very concerned because my bedrooms are a higher pile rug as well and I am guessing this will be the same issue in those rooms. If the robot can't vacuum rug without getting stuck then this was a waste of money.

How can stop it from going onto the carpet and resume my house map?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/06/2021      08:33
    @PrettyGreenClean:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Customer Support and we are sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your device.

We have another type of side brush that can work better on the carpet. Please contact support@roborock.com to get further assistance.

Please provide your purchase information and the device's SN to the support team.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sigma
Welcome to Roborock Forum