Has anyone disabled the magnet sensor?

Has anyone disabled the magnet sensor?

I got my S5 Max today and for the most part it cleaned everything great, I was actually really impressed with its navigation around my apartment. However, it refuses to enter the bathroom due to "error 11 strong magnetic field", which I verified with with a magnetometer app on my phone. This is a big deal breaker since the litter box is in the bathroom, meaning it needs to be cleaned a lot, plus I'm in an apartment so I can't do anything about whatever is causing the magnetic field under the floor.

It seems the magnet sensor is a pretty common complaint, has anyone managed to disable or remove it successfully? Or should I return this and look away from Roborock for other options?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Currently there's no option to disable the magnet sensor for S5max. We've forwarded the feedback to our tech team, and hope they will manage it in the future.

Currently, in the roborock family, the latest model S7 won't be affected by the strong magnetic field. It means even if there's indeed strong magnetic field, it won't report the error.

Hope the information helps.

Best regards.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

manishkob
Welcome to Roborock Forum