My S5 Max avoided parts on the map without any obstacle?

My S5 Max avoided parts on the map without any obstacle?

This has only occurred recently after I've been using the device for more than a year. At some zones on the map, my S5 Max seemed to be thinking, it paused or move back and forth in small motion, then completely left out some parts on the map it was cleaning, but the the rest of the area on the map was still cleaned, given that these areas are clear of any object. It created a very messy pattern as seen in attached screenshot of cleanup summary.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I have the same problem in two rooms. This is one of them. Please do not ignore this problem

Like2
  • I wrote to email support. They asked me Serial Number, Receipt of purchase, video of a session and other informations. I spent all the afternoon to prepare to them all these infos, charging video on Drive and send them.

Their answer? “The problem is your device, contact the seller for guarantee”.

Only in this forum there are 4-5 people with the same problem and the same device. It’s so clear that the problem is the software… but they only told me “it’s a your device problem”.

This is my last Roborock. Worst assistence ever.

Like1
  • Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Customer Support and we are sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your device.

Could you please send us a screenshot of history cleanup map when the issue happened for our reference? Please also mark on the map the places that you're referring to.

Best regards.

Like0
    SPlus91
    SPlus9111/29/2021      11:26
    @RR_Support:

Same, problem here... in my case the robot continues to avoid obstacles that does not exists, and after few minutes stops the cleaning raising and error.

Roborock S5 Max, firmware: 02.15.30

this screenshot refers to a cleaning of a room with 2 cycles (new cross pattern)... but the problem happens also with single cycles (In two rooms of my house). Never happened before latest update. Please, please do not ignore this bug, because is critical and makes my S5 Max nearly useless

Like1
    Paolo
    Paolo11/30/2021      13:18
    @SPlus91:

Same problems in two rooms, only in washing mode, firmware version 2.15.30, since two month ago, more o less (never happened before). In theese rooms, my S5 Max is useless.

Please let us know if you are investigating the problem.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/18/2021      15:32
    @SPlus91:

It seems that the issue happens with the mop attached. Would you please remove the mop to see if the issue will still appear or not?

Like0
  • We are waiting for a REAL solution...

Like0
  • I have the same problem. 
    It's very irritating. 
    I can't really use Roborock S5Max for wet cleaning.
    Pay attention to the problem, Roborock Team!!!

Version is 02.15.30

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/18/2021      15:33
    @nixs:

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Do you mean the issue only happens with mopping, but didn't appear when the device is vaccuuming?

If that's the case, it's highly likely that the wheels got slippery when mopping. We suggest you contact support@roborock.com to get further assistance.

Like0
    nixs
    nixs12/20/2021      11:02
    @RR_Support:
    Yes, the problem was that the wheels were slipping.
    I cleaned them with a toothbrush and window cleaner, then dried them carefully with a microfiber cloth.
    Finally I have a good cleaning from Roborock :)
    I also saw that a new update came out today. 02.15.66

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/27/2021      00:53
    @nixs:

Glad to hear that and thanks for sharing the experience with us!

That's very helpful!

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AdamZampa
Welcome to Roborock Forum