Roborock S5 max can't connect to public Wifi / Free Wifi without password

Roborock S5 max can't connect to public Wifi / Free Wifi without password

Topic says all. As soon as I choose Wifi with password Roborock S5 Max connects. However when I choose SSID without password, it can't connect. Tried already 5 times. Is there a console access or something like that to manually add the FreeWifi?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• @RR_Support

Can you help me?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/16/2022      13:11
    @FreeWifi:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Currently our devices doesn't support unencripted wifi. It can not be connected to wifi without password. We feel sorry for that.

Like0
    FreeWifi
    FreeWifi01/19/2022      15:03
    @RR_Support:

Since the devices are upgradable, can you please provide an update that devices support wifi without password? The problem is known at least since december 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYNgWXnZeH0

Would be great if devices would finally now support unencrypted Wifi. Since there is Linux running inside unencrypted Wifi is technically no problem.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/21/2022      09:00
    @FreeWifi:

Noted that~ I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future, though I cannot say for certain when or if this will occur.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FreeWifi
Welcome to Roborock Forum