Side brush stuck. No brush zones?

Side brush stuck. No brush zones?

My side brush gets stuck in my carpet and has gotten stuck in a floor vent in my carpet. The brush is virtually useless on carpet for most scenarios. Why can't we turn it off or get a no brush zone? The brush slows and stops automatically in certain conditions when vacuuming. I have seen many requests and discussions for this same topic dating back almost 4 years. This seems like a pretty big one, why is it still not addressed?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Currently we have another type of side brush that can word on some carpets without entangling. Would you please try and reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com to get further assistance? Please attach the purchase info and the device's SN.

Like0
    isibizi
    isibizi01/13/2022      23:22
    @RR_Support:

I have this 3-arm side brush, but it works maybe 3-4 times and after that i have the same problem. I cant understand, why the engineers cant realize this simple solution.

Like0
  • I agree, the side brush is useless on all carpets and rugs in my environment.

My suggestion to the developers would be to provide an option when carpet mode is detected, allow me to turn off the side brush.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/16/2022      13:22
    @Megabyte:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

We regret and apologize that the features you mentioned are currently not available. I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future, though I cannot say for certain when or if this will occur.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0
    isibizi
    isibizi01/18/2022      20:18
    @RR_Support:

Please add this feature in the near future, it is a very important for so many users.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/21/2022      09:03
    @isibizi:

Note that~ We will forward this request to our tech team and hope they can manage it in the near future~

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Same problem here. Just started using my S7 Max V yesterday and after a few minutes on the carpet, the side brush got tangled to the point where I had to order a new side brush. Using a no-go zone would also block a good portion of the floor we would like to keep clean so that’s not an option.

My assumption is that turning off the side brush while on tall carpet, would alleviate this issue. Has your RD team seen no improvement when turning the side brush off? This is the only reason I can think of for this to still be an issue.

Is there no solution for this?!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/16/2022      15:43
    @A-D:

We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well. There's another type of side brush that can work better with some carpet. Would you please reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com and provide us with a picture of your carpet and your purchase information so that we can better assist? 

Like0
  • It seems this feature has been requested for several years now - just got my q7 today, set it up only to have the side brush get tangled in the carpet as the vacuum sometimes thinks there is regular floor and turns on the brushes and they get tangled. Going to guess this is something some higher up doesn't want implemented for one reason or another.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/25/2022      13:39
    @MrAnderson:

We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well. We've forwarded the request to the tech team and hope it can be resolved soon.

For now, there's another type of side brush that can work better with some carpet. Would you please reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com and provide us with a picture of your carpet and your purchase information so that we can better assist? 

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

S1093
S1093