S5 Max second charging dock

S5 Max second charging dock

Hi S5 Max is a great product and now with the new updated firmware that supports multilevel cleaning this is now my number two household cleaning product (no1 still the dishwasher).

Now I need a second charging dock so I can have one on every floor.

Question:

1. Can I use S5 charging dock or is it different from S5 Max.

2. Can I use this product? https://www.mistore.se/en/smart-homes/accessories/charging-dock

Regards and thank you

Mikael

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

After using my secondary charger for over one month, I can confirm that it work flew less. After some investigation I found out that this charger is original Roborock S5 charger. I have no problems with my roborock s5 Max gets confused when I use it downstairs with this charger.

thank you for a great product 😎😍

Like2
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/03/2020      07:47
    @MikaelM:

Hi, thanks for your reply and info.

We will keep working and try to provide better products and customer services.

If you have any further question, do not hesitate to contact us.

Like0
  • fantastic news. Thank You roborock for this fw.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/29/2020      08:02
    @VANT:

You're always welcome~~The new fw will be released to you soon, please kindly wait in patience. Thanks.

Like0
  • Dear Customer,

1, we do not suggest our users use another models charging dock, maybe you could charge but different charging dock may lead some other problems like the robot can't return the dock. Thank you.

2, Sorry that we can't tell details about it as it seems no specification under the link.

Like0
  • Hi,

I ordered a charger from MI store and the specifications are:

Rated input: 100-240V 50/60Hz

Rated Power: 42w

Rated output: 20V 1,8A

Will this work for my Roborock S5 Max

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/03/2020      15:52
    @MikaelM:

Dear customer, please kindly note that the charging dock for S5 max is not available in the market, given it is a new model. The charging dock you bought might be able to charge, but the robot will have difficulty in finding the charging dock.

Like0
    Jon
    Jon05/21/2020      21:32
    @RR_Support:

@RR_Support:

New firmware supporting multiple floors is a welcome update... thanks for working so hard on this! I see, like the original post here, that it instructs the user to bring both vacuum AND dock to the new floor for multi floor mapping and cleaning. Seems rather inconvenient, especially as many users have the docks nestled in corners and wiring tucked neatly away. Multiple docks would be the perfect solution! Is there really no way to purchase extra docks without buying a whole new vacuum? Thanks for considering!

-Jon (and “Rocky”)

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/22/2020      07:49
    @Jon:

Hi,

Actually, you do not have to bring the dock along with the robot to another floor except the first map created. Instead, once you finished the first map, you can bring the robot to another floor to start cleaning and create a new map.

Like1

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MikaelM
Welcome to Roborock Forum