S7 Maxv Can't vaccum a black rug

S7 Maxv Can't vaccum a black rug

S7 maxv not able to vacuum my black rug. Video: https://youtu.be/TEIjGOVRXfU

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Our vacuum may not work on some deep color carpets or carpet with different color patterns, because the carpet will absorb light, which will make device misidentify the carpet as a cliff and avoid to clean the carpet.

Unfortunately, there is no switch on hardware or software to disable cliff sensors which are necessary in most occasions. If they can be disabled, there's the risk that the device may fall down stairs if customer forgets to turn it back on, which may damage the device itself, floor or furniture.

Hope you can understand and forgive this drawback.

If you really hope to disable it, you could try to use white tags to cover all sensors lightly.

But make sure the tags doesn't interfere other parts like side brush, charging contact and front bumper. Besides, it may cause some other potential risks like falling on stair or other errors.

Here is a tutorial video for your reference.

https://youtu.be/2COdoiUkO1o

Like0
    Leo
    Leo05/20/2022      01:13
    @RR_Support:

It's a 800 dollars robot that can see obstacles, clean it self, stream video, make video calls and can't identify a rug? This a huge fail for a such expensive product. This makes no sense as camera + lidar sensor are able to identify the floor as it shows in the app map. Robot knows there's a floor instead a cliff as I can see in the map. Also, competitor robots are able to navigate above my carpet. The engineering team must solve this, as this is a problem from olders robock, like s5 from 5 years ago. I'll look further for a definitive solution instead of use paper and tape in 800k robot.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/26/2022      04:01
    @Leo:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0
  • Just spent $1000 on a MaxV ultra and it cannot vaccum the black and brown areas of a rug. This is ridiculous when my Eufy would easily, no problems ($300)

The fix: When i set a carpet in my room mapping, tell the robot to disable cliff sensors ONLY for this rug specified area. Why oh why have you not done this already? Im about to return this, such a shame.

Like0
  • This is disappointing given the price, what others are capable of and seemingly quick fixes(single floor maps should be able to disable or should be able to disable by room). Will be returning and leaving negative reviews on shopping sites so others know to avoid.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leo
Welcome to Roborock Forum