Roborock S5 Max Battery drops to zero instantly when I press clean button

Roborock S5 Max Battery drops to zero instantly when I press clean button

Good day,

I received my brand new roborock S5 Max connected to the app and updated to the latest firmware. However, I charge the vacuum 100% and when I press the clean button the battery goes to zero instantly and needs to recharge the vacuum again. I don't kno if the problem is hardware (battery or charger, etc) or software but the product does not work. I have updated to the latest firmware and no changes. Looks like the battery is dead. I have contacted Roborock support but no answer for the moment. The product is defective and I can not use it. Firmware version : 3.5.8_0876

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Yesterday, the vacuum worked properly and cleaned the ground floor. The vacuum returned to its base and continued charging it had about 70% battery, meaning it used 30% to clean the area. Today, it had no battery although it was in base charging, it was showing 100% and the suddenly after starting cleaning boom zero. I put it charging and at about 67 percent I took it on the 1st floor to clean it.I plug the charger and place the vacuum and then it shows zero again. It went from 67% to zero when I unplugged and plugged the charger. Hence, it seems that although it lloks like its charging (maybe it has a counter to estimate the level) it actually is not. I don't know if the problem is the battery or the charger or both, who knows..

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/16/2020      07:27
    @Marga:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and info.

If you have wiped charging contacts, could you send us pictures of charging contacts on dock and underneath of the robot as the attached picture "charging contact"?

Please check if the dock charger is working or not.

The indicator light on top of the dock should be solid on without the robot and off with the robot placed on it. See attached picture.

Kindly double confirm if the cable and the slot of the dock are well connected.

Please push the cable head into the slot at bottom of the dock very hard. See the video below.

https://youtu.be/LHupFrt14BE

Like0
    Marga
    Marga09/17/2020      14:15
    @RR_Support:

I went to an electronic and he measured the voltage of the dock. The dock was fine showing 20v when connected with the vaccum. Most probably I received a new vaccum with a short circuited battery. I bought via aliexpress from a EE warehouse meaning that I don't have any real warranty or support. The store is ELIVE supposed to be an official seller or whatever... Thank you but you were not very helpful also...

Like0
    Marga
    Marga09/17/2020      14:18
    @RR_Support:

This is a video showing the vaccum's behaviour when charged 100%. Sending me a video with how to connect the dock with cable is ..at least not helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP-0xNtKRaA&list=UUgEtiiVLIgwA39V-Xjd1htA

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Hello,

I think I have same problem, could you solve it, which part was failured?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/27/2021      00:50
    @CSJP:

Hi, thanks for your reaching out.

Did the device shut down when it leaves the dock? If that's the case, it's likely that there maybe something wrong with the battery. But we cannot be 100% sure about that without professional testing.

Like0
  • Hello! I have the same problem with a Roborock S7. Did you solve the issue?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/02/2022      15:49
    @eteles:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. According to your description, the issue can be related to both the fan and the battery. We suggest you contact support@roborock.com to get further assistance.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marga
Welcome to Roborock Forum