How to backup maps?

How to backup maps?

Hi, I spent a bunch of time creating my map with rooms, no-go zones, invisible walls etc. How do I back it up so I can reuse the same map in case someone accidentally deletes it, or if I upgrade to a new roborock in the future. Thanks!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

What is the model number of your robot?

Or you can send us the device info.

Like0
    Vinay
    Vinay01/21/2021      05:10
    @RR_Support:

Hello, my model is S6 MaxV, and please find my device info attached:

Model : roborock.vacuum.a10, Serial Number : R0404S03303091, UID : rr5db196a19d5820, App Version : 2.3.30(iOS 14.3), Firmware Version : 01.40.96, Plug-In Version : RR_MDX_1054, DID : rr_27aCVTScsZrI993u3PrJGL, MAC Address : 64:90:c1:07:0c:53

Like0
    Vinay
    Vinay01/21/2021      05:15
    @Vinay:

I see the map in "Manage Maps", and it's possible to restore it from there, so I'm hoping there's a way to export it out and save it (either on my computer or in the cloud). Seems like a relatively simple feature to add that'd give customers quite a lot of peace of mind and convenience. Thanks!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/23/2021      12:37
    @Vinay:

Hi, we'll forward you feedback to our tech team and try to manage it in the future.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Like0
  • I have the same problem! I Accidentally exclude my house map after hours mapping and dividing the rooms.

@RR_Support it’s possible to restore from Cleaning history?

Info’s

Model : roborock.vacuum.s5e

Firmware Version : 3.5.81026, Plug-In Version : MIMDX_1012

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/13/2021      07:46
    @Renato:

Sorry there's no way no restore it if it's not in the map manage page anymore.

BTW, there's no way to back up the map on other device like a computer.

Like0
  • +1..any ETA for this feature?

Also, if we can create copy of map and have different conditions and configurations on each copy. We can use any one of them based on that day scenario

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/29/2022      14:25
    @Vivek:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

We regret and apologize that the features you mentioned are currently not available. I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vinay
Welcome to Roborock Forum