Option to turn off cliff sensors

Option to turn off cliff sensors

Please make an option in the app to turn off the cliff sensors so it will clean an area rug with dark patterns. If the user choses to let his robot run off a cliff then so be it. I have a large area rug that it won't work on because of this problem.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Seconded. There are two patterned rugs in my house that my S6 Pure is useless at cleaning. I cannot even manually drive the S6 over those areas using the remote control feature. I tried taping over the cliff sensor with masking tape but got an error. I've very unhappy about this shortcoming.

Like2
  • +1 or at least, when you designate a rug in the map, enable it to be disabled for the rug area. I cant believe they dont add it, terrible customer feedback to development

Like2
  • Me too. If the lawyers are worried make it so that you have to get a code or sign a waver.

i have 3 rocks on 3 separate levels and only 1 needs cliff sensors.

Like1
  • Totally agree. I have nothing the S7 robot could fall from, but some dark rugs that the robot won't clean. I would love to be able to disable the cliff sensors via the app.

Like1
  • I agree. Received mine yesterday. This was the Ultra s7. I have several large area rugs in the home. Vacuum is worthless unless I get rid if the rugs. This could be an easy fix and it’s a shame I may have to return the unit.

Like1
  • We all need this option, there are so many people with this same issue, I can't use my 600 dollar vaccine because I can't turn off those useless sensors

Like1
  • I need this feature too.

Like1
  • Please, we need that feature. If not that devices are really trash. Roborock never will be my choice again!

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jackrocks
Welcome to Roborock Forum