Brand new S5 Max is not charging while appears to be "Charging" after used for only ONE MONTH!

Brand new S5 Max is not charging while appears to be "Charging" after used for only ONE MONTH!

I have a Roborock S5 Max and it's not charging properly after being used for only one month. The app says it's charging and the light is flashing. However, in the app, the battery has not been charged at all, and the light on the bot is red as it is shown at 17% now. Neither the wholesaler whom I bought from off eBay who told me that the warranty will be through Roborock nor Roborock itself is willing to honor the warranty even though it was bought as a brand new manufacture sealed item with a production date of Sep. 2021. Roborock is priced much higher than a lot of other brands and I chose it after reading some good things about the functionality with high expectations of its quality and customer support. It is hard to believe a robot that cost me a couple of hundred dollars can only live for ONE month and no one is taking care of it after it fails! What a sad experience.

In fact, it seems that this is not a really uncommon issue for this robot by reading some previous topics. So Roborock does have lots of defects with the battery not being charging. However, still shocked that the issue arise in a month.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

casefriend
Welcome to Roborock Forum