Roborock S5 max - talks continuously without reason

Roborock S5 max - talks continuously without reason

The robot says that the mopping tank has been installed or removed regardless if the tank inserted or not. Mopping works, looks like the sensor is broken?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Think I found a solution for the water tank detection issue in Roborock S5 max. I used another strong magnet similar to the one that is present on the tank. I moved it around the vacuum in the place, where the tank's magnet would be placed assuming the tank was installed. It worked, do not ask me why.

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/02/2023      14:40
    @HeavyUser:

👍

Like0
    HeavyUser
    HeavyUser02/13/2023      16:37
    @RR_Support:

Well, the issue has returned. It is even worse. Think may need to remove the speaker. Would you have other solutions? BTW, why the software does not allow to fully mutrle?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/26/2023      10:48
    @HeavyUser:

Hello, thanks for your reaching out. Sorry to hear about that. Could you pls check if the magnet on the water tank is still in correct position? Would you pls send us a picture to show the magnet?

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Anyone can help? I would like to fix this but perhaps there is a way to fully mute the device, what would suffice for me?

Like0
  • Hello, thanks for reaching out. Do you mean the devices will report water tank installed/removed even if the tank is not installed? Is there any specific area where this issue happens frequently like near TV set or speaker? Have you checked if there's any maget nearby?

Like0
    HeavyUser
    HeavyUser01/13/2023      20:43
    @RR_Support:

The robot reports tank installed/removed regardless if the tank is in or out. It may start saying it is installed, but may not even finish this sentence saying... it is already removed. It may happen in loops. There is no pattern, but it rather talks more if the tank is installed. It happens when it is docked, did not hear anything during operation, but the voice is low, so may be suppressed by the noise of vacuuming. The docking stations is in the very same spot for months, and the issue has appeared just recently. There is no other electronic device nearby. The software is the newest one.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HeavyUser
Welcome to Roborock Forum