Device offline

Device offline

I have a new Roborock S5. It worked for a week and now the device shows as offline. I've tried to reset multiple times. It is sitting right next to the router which is working for all other devices. Any thoughts on the issue?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• This worked for me.

1, Reset WiFi by pressing home and power buttons until it announced it reset WiFi. The blue light under hood will flash. This turns on an internal WiFi access point (no internet.)

2. Go to phone WiFi settings and choose that network.

3. Go back to app on devices screen and tap the + toward upper right like you're adding a device. It will find your generically named Roborock S4. Select it and it will reload everything including maps.

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/21/2020      08:12
    @Yearn2burn:

Glad to hear that, and thanks for sharing.

Like0
  • I am currently have the exact same issue. Literally had it for a week and it says offline and the connection times out.

I called my ISP and they said they see it connected. I am wondering if their servers are down.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/26/2019      05:28
    @RJnKris:

Please change region of app to Singapore or Germany to have a try. See attached picture.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/27/2019      07:11
    @RJnKris:

The issue fixed, now you could switch the region back to US. Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience before.

Like0
  • same here - this has been working fine for a year and today stopped connecting to WiFi. Have reset everything multiple times, reinstalled etc but nothing. Good to read I am not the only one - this seems to be a server issue since the setup craps out during the network connection process.

Like0
    RJnKris
    RJnKris12/25/2019      00:19
    @Jorder:

It does seem that way thankfully

Like0
  • I've had my S5 for a few months without problem. Now I'm having the same issue as you. On the same day as everyone who has replied. There must be a bad software update.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/26/2019      05:30
    @TAMU79:

We are sorry for the trouble you are facing. Please change region of app to Singapore or Germany to have a try. See the picture in the post.

Like0
    RR_Support
    @RR_Support:

The issue fixed, now you could switch the region back to US. Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience before.

Like0
  • I got an update from them -

Hi RJ,

We are sorry for the trouble you are facing and for all the inconvenience.

Could you tell us your device's SN?

Open the cover of device and take out the dustbin. You will see a bar code on device's bottom(not on dust bin). The SN is under bar code like R0201S82418800.

Could you pls change the region of Mi home to Singapore or Germany to have a try?

Could you tell us where did you purchase the product? You could send us the link of product or product page screenshot.

If it was from amazon, could you send us the amazon order number like 306-2905359-6881234?

Like0
    RJnKris
    RJnKris12/25/2019      04:56
    @RJnKris:

and this actually..... worked. I informed them to please come here, but here is your fix. I used Singapore.

Like0
  • They just got back to me and they figured out the problem. You can now log in and it should work via US.

Like0
  • I lied, it still only works connected to singapore.

Like0
    Jorder
    Jorder12/25/2019      16:41
    @RJnKris:

Great - Germany worked for me! Am being prompted for a firmware update but that could also be because I reset to factory settings because of this fiasco (lost all my maps...grrrr). Imagine all the people who bought their first Roborock for Christmas and are about to return it. Great timing for fumbling around with your severs Roborock! Thanks for sharing the location “fix”!

Like0
    RR_Support
    @Jorder:

Like0
  • We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused before.

We have fixed the issue and robot could be connected as normal now.

Like0
  • Same issue. Reinstalled the app. Did not work. Could you help?

Model : roborock.vacuum.s5e, Serial number : R0518S02000963, UID : rr5cbcc5594b1820

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/18/2020      07:56
    @Jerry:

Gotcha, we have replied another post you created.

Like0
  • Same issue here. I just got a S5 max 3 weeks ago. For the first weeks it worked great with Roborock app, until the device started to appear offline. I disconected the device, reset wifi but then the connection with the device could not be established anymore, it always failed in the second step "sending message to the device"(and it still Does). So I switched to Mi Home app and everything worked faster for the connection (though I Lost the device in Google Home and coulnd't connect anymore) until today, that it is showing offline too. So I'm trapped and frustrated. I'm in Peru, South América.

The serial númber is:R0511594901510,

Product Id: S5E01-01

Like0
    Lucho
    Lucho07/20/2020      02:54
    @Lucho:

Just to update that the problem was fixed restoring to factory defaults. The nsvigation also improved with the previous firmware...now I just don't know if I should install the latest firmware again.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/20/2020      07:53
    @Lucho:

Hello, thanks for your reply and updates.

Glad to hear that it works well after you factory reset it. You can use the current firmware as a workaround. Or you can install the latest firmware to have a try, any further question, be free to let us know and we will be here to help you.

Like0
  • For me this issue was "fixed" when I factory reseted the device. After that, like 2 months later it happened again (thats the current status) but I will wait a couple of days after reseting it again. Note: Today I upgraded to the latest versión of the app.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/20/2020      12:25
    @Lucho:

Hi, thanks for your reply and updates.

Take your time to monitor its performance. Any updates, be free to let us know.

Like0
  • Hi! I have the same error with my Xiaomi hoover. After the third cleaning I got the error that the device is offline. But it stands near the router and I can turn the hoover on by pushing the button on it. But I can't see it in the app. I found that a lot of users had the same problem, but nothing works for me - I tried to change region, reinstall the app, reset everything and add the device again, but nothing worked. Can you help me with this?

CMIIT ID : 2019DP3719

Thank you!

Like0
    Anna
    Anna10/07/2020      12:18
    @Anna:

SN: 24236/00299442

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/09/2020      08:22
    @Anna:

Could you use another phone to take a video showing how you connect device to app and send us the video? We believe video could help us figure out a solution.

We suggest you put phone's camera close to phone screen. Besides, also record how wifi indicator(see attached picture) flashes in connection process.

You could upload video to google drive and share us the link if video file is large.

Also, what is the model number of your robot?

Like0
  • Hello, I bought my roborock S5 max last week. However, the device has ben offline for three days. I tried to change the region, but I could not. I am living in Turkey and guarrenteed by Genpa. SN: r0518s03306267

Could you help me, please?

Like0
  • Hello, I bought my roborock S5 max last week. However, the device has ben offline for three days. I tried to change the region, but I could not. I am living in Turkey and guarrenteed by Genpa. SN: r0518s03306267

Could you help me, please?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/10/2020      13:59
    Like0
  • Hello, I have problems with my ROBOROCK S6 PURE, it has been working normally for more than 6 months, but today it appeared OFFLINE, after several attempts it never connected and then I tried to connect it to Wi-Fi again and a connection error appears, I use the application ROBOROCK official, but looking at various MY Home forums, I installed it and changed the location to Germany or Singapore, I reset it and nothing has worked either. HELP. I am in Colombia, I bought it in amazon USA. Attached photo where you can see the ID of the robot.

PRODUCT ID: S6P51-01

HELP ME PLEASE! 😞

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/22/2021      11:36
    @CaroPM:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

"A connection error appears" May I know if the device is connected or not? Maybe you can send us a screenshot to show the error message.

Like0
  • I'm glad that resetting the WIFI gets my S7 Vmax reconnceted (after 5-10 tries) but why does it go offline at least once a week?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/02/2023      14:25
    @bkr1969:

Hello, thanks for reaching out. May I know when the issue happened, was the wifi indicator light flashing or off?

If it's off, it's likely that the robot turned itself because of not sitting on dock. It will turn itself automatically if it's off dock for 12 hours and it will go offline.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hoover
Welcome to Roborock Forum