Why can't I select specific rooms on the timer schedule?

Why can't I select specific rooms on the timer schedule?

I just got a new S6 and mapped 3 floors of my house. I want to make a schedule for specific rooms but the only options for the timer are start time, which days and power mode -- no option to select rooms and it is scheduled as a full clean automatically.

Reading this forum it seems this might have been recently lost with the multi-floor update. Is that true, and if so, is the Mi Home app able to do this? Truly confounding, I would not have bought this if I knew I couldn't schedule by room. 

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I had the same issue.

i just disabled multi floor feature and I am able to schedule the rooms now.

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/03/2020      09:18
    @imchamps:

Hello,

Yep, because the scheduled room cleaning feature isn't available with Multi-floor map saved mode enabled currently.

It's because there's a logical conflict if these two functions running at the same time.

However, we've already figured out a way to get it resolved. It's now under development and would be on board within a few months.

Please kindly keep an eye on our future updates.

Like0
    joaodias_7
    joaodias_709/23/2020      13:06
    @RR_Support:

This problem has already been solved or remains the same?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/25/2020      06:18
    @joaodias_7:

Not yet, our engineers are still working on it. Please kindly wait and keep an eye on APP for firmware update.

Like1
    Load More >>
  • Hi - I have noticed this too, since the recent multi-maps update I can no-longer set the timer for certain rooms! When is this coming back!? I bought the robot based on being able to schedule certain rooms through the night that we too busy during the day. This is a big issue that need to be fixed if i'm not to return the robot, i'm afraid ...

Like0
  • Dear Customers,

Sorry that it doesn't support the schedule room cleaning feature with Multi-floor map saved mode enabled. Since the vacuum may not locate at the certain floor when cleaning a room with the schedule.

But thanks for your feedback. Would you please let us know the detailed situation for schedule room cleaning feature and Multi-floor map simultaneously?

Based on this situation, we will forward your advice to our R&D department and hope they will add this feature in the future. But at this moment, we could not promise you anything. 

Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated!

Like0
    djr
    djr05/18/2020      20:48
    @RR_Support:

Hi - please can you clarify whether or not I can turn-off Multi-floor mode in order to bring back scheduling for certain rooms or if scheduling for certain rooms is gone forever now that I've taken the upgrade? The ability to clean certain rooms at certain times through the day is much more important to me than Multi-floors.

I don't see why these two thing can't exist simultaneously. Naturally I understand the practical limitations of not being able to move from one floor to another, but this would seem to be a fairly simple case of not allowing transitions like that when setting-up the schedules. An example which i'd think would work for most would be to allow timer/scheduling on a single floor only - e.g. 'Ground Floor' but also allowing maps for other floors, for less frequent occasional cleaning (i.e. when you manually pick-up the bot and take it upstairs and tell it to use the map for that floor.

Like2
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/19/2020      10:53
    @djr:

Sorry that it doesn't support the schedule room cleaning feature with Multi-floor map saved mode enabled.

Since the vacuum may not locate at the certain floor when cleaning a room with the schedule. You can turn it off to get the schedule for certain rooms feature back.

But thanks for your feedback. Would you please let us know the detailed situation for schedule room cleaning feature and Multi-floor map simultaneously?

Based on this situation, we will forward your advice to our R&D department and hope they will add this feature in the future. But at this moment, we could not promise you anything. 

Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated!

Like0
    saujosai
    saujosai05/21/2020      19:58
    @RR_Support:

Here is how we would like to use multi floor together with timer (for the R&D department):

We have the ground floor which contains small areas that frequently get dirty, like the kitchen as well as the dining room. I want to make a ground floor map map and set the kitchen to be cleaned every day after every meal.

I also want to clean the second floor at night, one room each night, each with no-go zones where there are electrical cords, or likely to have toys scattered about in play areas, or very thick carpet in one room. I would move the robot and base upstairs every evening, and downstairs every morning.

The main issue is if one forgets to move the robot to the second floor before it is scheduled to clean the second floor. One simple way to deal with this is to have the robot briefly scan the area it is in before it starts a full clean. If the floor plan doesn't match the second floor, it would give an alert (both voice and on the app) that it needs to be moved for the second floor clean to begin.

Like2
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DevilSpawn
Welcome to Roborock Forum