Mirror problems

Mirror problems

I’m having issues with mirrors and ghost maps, besides the map looking weird, it causes problems in finding routes. I was thinking about how to solve this issue and the way I thought is having a feature like invisible wall but indicating mirror, in this case all data coming from that direction could be ignored. Also, it would be interesting to be able to manually erase part of the map.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I have same problem with my S7 max

Like0
  • Same here. Just got the S7 MaxV for my birthday. First thing I did was have it map the house, and when it reached the mirrored closet doors in my bedroom, it didn't recognize its own reflection (the red area):

I added an "invisible wall" across the door track, but when I sent the robot to clean the room (with the closet door open), it tried climbing the track anyway (note the "obstacle found" icon). I've now added a no-go zone at the closet entrance: Hopefully that helps.

I'm impressed with the mapping ability overall. The S7 MaxV's camera-mapping rendered a pretty accurate map of the whole house on the first go. I also have an iRobot Roomba i7, which I'll be giving to my mom. The Roomba i7, which basically maps by "braille," took about 3 trips to get all the rooms mapped. While the Roomba didn't get confused by mirrors (How can it, when it can't even see them?), it would create imaginary extensions to rooms when it got stuck and didn't realize it.

While both the Roborock and the Roomba have a habit of creating imaginary rooms, neither has the ability to delete them without wiping the entire map.

Who wants to win the race to get that fixed?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/21/2022      05:43
    @MJR35:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Customer Support and we are sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your device.

The robot's laser may be reflected by it and the robot will think there is room inside the mirror. The no-go zone/invisble wall should help with stopping the robot from trying to get inside the room.

I will forward your feedback to the tech team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them and win the race in the future.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0
  • I'm struggling with the same problem. It would be a nice feature to indicate mirrors with lines and the robot wouldn't extend the map behind that.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/07/2022      10:52
    @tringert:

Thanks for reaching out. That sounds like a good suggestion.

I will forward your feedback to the tech team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them and win the race in the future.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0
  • I totally agree! I just got an s7 max pro and am very impressed with the mapping ability but have a raised ranch-style house and it gets confused sometimes as it doesn't understand if its 1 map or 2 and it can make invisible rooms in corners with large furniture or mirrors sometimes and that feature would help a lot, I would like a feature for split level too so it can recognize that my house has 2 levels but that the top floor is next to the bottom as it gets confused by how close it is. I would love it if you could edit the map as much as possible such as telling it where you have furniture and having it auto-detect the size and detect when you move it instead like integrating the furniture option with its obstacles more, and if you could fill in space on the map because it detects furniture as walls, maybe even an option to add doors in on the map

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/29/2022      17:16
    @Patty:

Thanks for posting. We're always looking for ways to improve the user experience and we appreciate your feedback.

For more help, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com).

Like0
  • I have problems with my mirrors as in one room the mirrored room interferes with another room. The robot then wants to drive through a wall when going from room to room.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/18/2023      04:49
    @Ulli:

It's suggested to set up no-go zones in the nonexistent areas.

Like0
    Jimbouti
    Jimbouti11/25/2023      18:43
    @RR_Support:

The problem the no-go zones don't fix is the room dividing option. I can't divide room because there are real rooms on both sides of the mirror created fake rooms and it makes the fake and real rooms connect to each other making a big room that can't be divided.

Hatched zones are fake rooms, arrows are openings, connections between fake and real rooms

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member11/26/2023      08:03
    @Jimbouti:

Hi, thanks for the response. Would you pls try to extend the division line to see if it works?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ibiscp
Welcome to Roborock Forum