S5 Max gets lost when returning to dock

S5 Max gets lost when returning to dock

Hello,

After the latest firmware update, I find that the robot starts to randomly wander around after announcing that cleaning is complete and that it is returning to the dock. If memory serves, this does. It happen when the robot returns to the dock for an intern charge top up in the middle of a cleaning. Any ideas?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Correcting a typo. This does NOT happen when the robot returns to the dock for an INTERIM charge top up in the middle of a cleaning.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/25/2020      07:45
    @VacuumMonk:

Dear Customer,

May I know which app do you use? Roborock app or Mi Home app?

Have you ever enabled multi-floor maps feature? If yes, please turn it off because it may confuse the current map.

And please go to cleaning history and send us a complete full cleaning map.

Besides, you can reset the current map and change the location of the dock charger to create a new map.

Like0
    VacuumMonk
    VacuumMonk05/28/2020      15:12
    @RR_Support:

Hello, I use the roborock app. I did have the multi room switch on. I will turn it off and generate a new map because the current one is all messed up. I will upload when completed.

Like0
    VacuumMonk
    VacuumMonk05/29/2020      02:01
    @RR_Support:

Hello. The robot got lost on the first run after deleting the map. It ran until it was time to recharge and then got lost on the way back to the dock. Here is the image of the map. The red circle indicates an incorrect location marker and the blue circle is the location of the dock.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VacuumMonk
Welcome to Roborock Forum