False Wall!

Good morning,

i bought a new Roborock S5 some days ago.

It has a problem against an inexistent wall. There isn't any

virtual wall, and there isn't any strip wall. Maybe some cable under the

floor?

Is there a future upgrade for disable the sensor? Is there any

workaround?

I read that many paople have same problem...

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• We are sorry for the trouble you are facing.

Please check our reply in email and double check if there is anything on the floor that caused the magnetic filed.

Like0
  • Our new S4 is doing the same thing. I can not find anything that would create a magnetic field. What else can I try? The cabinets are white....is it possible that the LIDAR sensor does not see the actual white cabinets and inaccurately draws what it thinks is the wall?

Like0
  • I experimented a bit, and found a solution I think. I deleted the maps and started over. First I started the S4 from its dock cleaning 'all'. As soon as it had begun drawing the floor map, I selected 'zone' clean. This cancelled the current 'all' clean and let me define a zone for cleaning using the small rectangular box. I defined an area that was within the scanned map area, but also would give the S4 a good view into un-scanned area. When it goes to clean this zone, it is able to scan more of the floor map. When the floor plan looks correct within the zone, I identify a new zone and kept doing this until my entire floor plan was well defined. This seemed to allow the machine to scan all areas successfully. Once the floor is complete, you can go back into the map and edit the floor plan to add keepout areas and also no-go zones, also to split the floorplan into separate rooms if you want. Once I did this, I was able to select a room and clean it by itself.

Also, I moved things like kitchen chairs and other items off of the floor so that it could make a nice compete map with a well defined edge. This seemed to improve my results. I figure it will simply drive around obstacles when they are added back in the future. Time will tell! One thing is for sure....this thing definitely picks up a bunch of dust and dirt evey time it goes out. Wish there were a way to auto separate legos......

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loris Anoardi
Welcome to Roborock Forum