Can’t run my S7 with the Roborock app

Can’t run my S7 with the Roborock app

Hello I just got an S7 Max and I am having a very hard time to get it paired with the Roborock app. 

I have no problem seeing the robot’s WiFi but the app can’t seem to notice when I connect to the robot and nothing happens when I go back to the app after connecting to the robot’s WiFi. 

The only way for the app to move to the next step (“Connecting device to WiFi” page) is by disabling WiFi, then, going back to the app. As I am back to the app after disabling the WiFi, it weirdly goes to the next setup steps and I have to reconnect quickly manually the robot’s WiFi to get the 3 steps shown as successful.

After I press the next button I immediately get a message error “Device initialization failed (-1020)”.

To fix the problem I have checked and tried the following :

- Getting very close to the router

- confirmed I was on a 2.4Ghz WiFi (5Ghz is separated and has a different SSID) 20MHz bandwidth 

- WPA2 AES encryption (SPK)

- plane mode + mobile data off

- VPN removed

- WIFI SSID + password changed for shorter ones without any special characters. SSID different from the separated 5Ghz Wifi

- accept all the permissions from the app

- delete and reload the app

- reboot the router /reset the router

- reboot the robot /reset the robot firmware 

- tried from a different phone 

- updated IOS

- Tested with/without WiFi set as “auto join”

At the end I decided to try from the Xiaomi home app and… it worked! 

From the app, I could upload the last firmware update but when I came back to the Roborock app, I still couldn’t manage to make it work, I have the same problem…

I could use the Xiaomi app but using a third party app to run my robot was not my initial plan. 

At this point, I have tested pretty much anything I could find online and think of, so any new idea is more than welcome…

Thx a lot for your help.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Ok so after 3 days, I finally found the issue and I wanted to share it with everyone. It’s actually a very silly mistake and nothing to do with the router! As you make your account, it is very important to set the exact region where the robot comes from. I am currently living in Mexico but the robot was imported from Canada. I didn’t really think about it and set the region as Mexico. That is why the version of the S7 I was picking (Mexican one) was not matching with the actual robot I have! That’s also why it couldn’t recognize the QR code, it just didn’t know this robot and this is what gave me the first hint but I just thought it was a mistake from Roborock. Finally happy, but wow, troubleshooting was really painful 😅.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Julien
Welcome to Roborock Forum