S4 Fantastic Vacuum, "Roborock" app on Android crashes constantly

S4 Fantastic Vacuum, "Roborock" app on Android crashes constantly

Hi guys....can you PLEASE do something about the instability of the Android APP Roborock. I have an S4, which I'm delighted with, but at this point I could not recommend it because to get the real value of the vacuum, you need to set up no-go's, timers etc. The Roborock app, which I'm cleared data, cleared cache, uninstalled, tried on a virgin Moto G5 is almost useless. The MI Home version is better, but at the direction of your support (see other posting) I switched to Roborock APP to allow Alexa integration. While I can think of lots of new functions, all I'm looking for is basic app stability.

When will new app code be released that addresses what looks like a common issue, i.e. app stability ?

Thank you very much...ps: I know you're announcing lots of new things, and was at CES, but unless you get the OLD things to run rock solid, it's going to harm your new product sales.....

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• We are sorry for the trouble you are facing. May i know android version of your phone? Did you try to use another phone to see if it crashes constantly?

May i know when the app crashes, when open the app or enter map page?

Like0
    SLPMEP
    SLPMEP01/21/2020      17:17
    @RR_Support:

Hi..thanks for replying...I appreciate it. I'm on a Motorola G5 Plus, Kernal 3.18.71 Android Version 8.1.0. Regarding when the app crashes, it crashes constantly, from all screens....even if I just just the app, and let it sit for 20 or 30 seconds, it will simply either end the app, or go to a black screen and lock the phone. I'm a simple person...i.e. there's no strange stuff on the phone..just vanilla end user. I've cleared the cache, cleared the data, deleted and re-installed the app, and the behavior remains the same.

So, if I start the app, and select 'Enter Robot'. I will get the 'Roborock has stopped' window pop up, at which point I select the option to send you the crash data. If I start the app, and leave it on the primary screen, it simply blanks out and returns to the base Android screen within 1/2 minute. If I quickly start the app, select 'Enter Robot' and so that a couple of times until the screen map loads, and i work very quickly, sometimes I can get a change to the map and saved. What I've learned to do is to go to the MI Home app to make changes, and then return to the Roborock plus app to get the Alexa integration which is key for me, since my wife can't use phones due to hand issue.

Any help, or just a stable app, would be so much appreciate.

Like0
    SLPMEP
    SLPMEP01/21/2020      17:19
    @RR_Support:

Sorry...forgot to answer, I don't have another phone...I'm retired senior citizen, and all we have is one. I will try to borrow a friends to see if has the same behavior.

Like0
    SLPMEP
    SLPMEP01/23/2020      01:34
    @RR_Support:

It fails on another Android phone. Any status on updates to this app ?

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SLPMEP
Welcome to Roborock Forum