Feature request: closing doors

Feature request: closing doors

Ok, I admit this idea is way out there, and I certainly want software support for multiple floors first, but here is a wild idea: let our roborocks (try to) close doors.

Like most others I assume, I keep my doors open so the robovac can do its job at night, but that also means I end up heating rooms in the morning that dont need heating. Im confident its possible for the robovac to push most doors closed after its done its job. This obviously only works if the door closes in the correct direction as pulling a door close is gonna be tricky :)

For this to work, I assume we would need to define the location of doors on the map and the direction they open. Doing this may help with navigation in general (although it handles doors pretty well, Ill give it that).

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vertigo
Welcome to Roborock Forum