Q5 Map Disappeared For No Reason

Q5 Map Disappeared For No Reason

Hello,

I recently purchased a mode Q5 and live in a two-story home, where I created and backed-up Roborock maps for both levels.

One night we performed a "Full" clean on our upstairs map, with the Roborock successfully completing the clean and heading back to the dock to charge.

The next morning the upstairs map no longer appeared in the app (I have an iPhone, so IOS). It is like the map never existed at all. I went to "Manage Maps" to see if it was there, but only the downstairs app was present. I did create a backup for this upstairs map, but the app only can load a backup from a map that is present in the app. My wife was also connected to my account on her phone (Android) before the map disappeared, but the map wasn't present on her phone either. I likewise verified my WiFi connection was stable, powered-cycled my phone, power-cycled my network router, power-cycled my Roborock, and reset the WiFi connection on the Roborock, but none of these brought back the map.

Finally, I began a new scan of the floor and saved the partially-scanned map with the same name as the missing map to see if I could access the backed-up map. Unfortunately, when I pressed the "Use backup" option for this partial map, the app only brought up the partial scan I just created rather than the missing map.

This appears to be a critical issue of either the Roborock and/or the phone application. Maps should not disappear without reason, and and if they do, backups saved onto the Roborock should be accessible to apply on a newly created map (in case the map completely disappears from the app). Please address this issue, as the Roborock I purchased will be unusable for me without this feature. Furthermore, creating these maps took a considerable amount of time, so repeatedly remaking the maps is not an acceptable solution.

Here is some final troubleshooting information that may be helpful for your developers:

• The map was divided into multiple rooms, but when I cleaned the upstairs on "Full" mode, I intentionally had the doors shut to the other rooms so the Roborock would just clean the main room of the upstairs. I realize now that I should have set the Roborock to clean just that main room, but again: the Roborock detected these rooms were inaccessible, cleaned the entirety of the main room, and returned to dock. Would the app delete the entire map if "Full" cleaning was selected, but the Roborock was only able to clean a single room?
  • I had backed up both my upstairs and downstairs maps to the Roborock previously before this occurred.
  • The upstairs is the level where my dock is located. There is no dock on the downstairs level.
  • My "Cleaning History" still shows the entirety of the lost map, but there is not a feature to load a map from cleaning history.
  • I previously created a Roborock routine for the upstairs map, with the routine breaking-up the full map into specific zones. This routine is still on the app, but is grayed out, with a message saying "Task Is Invalid." When I created my partial scan of the upstairs with the same name of the missing map, this routine was valid again. When I edit the routine, however, the app only shows the partially-scanned map and not the missing map. The maps from the missing map are still present though.
You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Here is some other information that may be useful:

• I made a mistake when I said "The maps from the missing map are still present though." I meant to say "The ZONES from the missing map are still present though."
    • My "Map Switching" setting was on "Manual Selection" and not "Smart Recognition".
    • I have a Q5 Pro+ with Model ID: Q50ULE. The firmware version is up-to-date (i.e. firmware version 02.04.04)
    • The IOS version of my app is update-to-date on version 4.28.04. The android version is 4.0.120.
    Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/25/2023      05:21
    @RubyBleelz:

Hello, thanks for reaching out.

If the machine has detected some areas that it believed it's never been to, you may overwrite the saved map and cause the issue. You may create a new map using the quick mapping feature. We suggest you manually back up a good map once it' been created by clicking the back-up icon. Then the saved map can be backed up.

Best regards.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RubyBleelz
Welcome to Roborock Forum