Xiaomi robovac not connecting to Mi Home App in United States

Xiaomi robovac not connecting to Mi Home App in United States

Ok, so I purchased a Xiaomi Robovac in July 2019. I was unable to connect the vacuum to the Mi Home app, so I had to change the region. No biggie. Then I got a new phone this year and had to reconnect the vacuum. Well now, I am unable to use any region other than mainland USA and the vacuum isn't listed, so I can't connect it to the app. Basically the vacuum can start and stop manually, but I can't do anything else with it.

Does anyone have any fixes for this so I can finally start using the vacuum with the app and have all the features back?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear customer,

We are sorry for the trouble you are facing and for all the inconvenience. 

Did you change any setting for your home WiFi?

May we ask which step failed?

And to better support you, may we suggest you contact us through our support email, support@roborock.com

Like0
    robovacperson1000
    robovacperson100002/26/2020      03:37
    @RR_Support:

I tried that already, both methods, actually. First I reached out a International support. that lead nowhere. I was told to do the same thing over and over (reset the vacuum and try again. There might be something wrong with your wifi...). Then I reached out to national support. Sadly I was told there was nothing that could be done. I find it unacceptable that I can no longer use this product in the United States, and instead was told to purchase a Roborock as its usable in the country. If that's the case, great. Send me a brand new vacuum as I am not going to spend even more money on a vacuum, when I have one that I love and wish to use here.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/26/2020      09:57
    @robovacperson1000:

Dear customer,

May we have your ticket NO. when you contacted international support? So we can look into it.

Like0
    robovacperson1000
    robovacperson100002/29/2020      18:49
    @RR_Support:

We are sorry that's not the NO. we expected, the ticket NO, usually is with 5 digits. It is assigned to your case when you contacted international support team.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Is there any solution to this? I'm having the same issue.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/01/2020      10:42
    @TheRoyHimself:

Dear customer,

The cause for the issue might vary, and to solve it, and we may need some information closely related to your personal robot.

May we suggest you contact the Email address,support@roborock.com for a possible proper solution.

Like0
    robovacperson1000
    robovacperson100003/01/2020      17:53
    @RR_Support:

I already did

Like1
    robovacperson1000
    robovacperson100003/03/2020      02:12
    @RR_Support:

This is exactly what I get each time. No answers or definitive solutions. If the vacuum is no longer usable in the United States of America, I should be sent a device that is. Not told that there's no solution or ignored.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

robovacperson1000
Welcome to Roborock Forum