Roborock s5 versus Ikea METOD type kitchen

Roborock s5 versus Ikea METOD type kitchen

Hello,

I have a suggestion and kind request. I really appreciate that you support your product (Roborock s5) by issuing software updates frequently. My robot is cleaning perfectly with one small, but annoying problem. it is not cleaning below Ikea METOD type cupboards in kitchen. Maximum height of the robot is 7.9cm while on the wheels, however turret with laser is higher. Minimum height of Ikea METOD type cupboards is 8-9cm (depends on setting). This results with plenty of rubbish being left in the kitchen after roborock vacuuming. I realize that it is impossible to permamently reduce the minimum distance as robot will be hitting obstacles by front bumber sensor all time. However i suggest to add the option (similar to no go zones and invisible walls) to the software. Where user can chose area in which the minimum distance from the robot to the wall is reduced and robot rely more on bumber than on laser for determining the distance, or - and this would be the best solution - user can set this distance manualy (lenght of overhang below which robot should clean ( in my kitchen it is 116mm). I really hope that you will take my suggestion under consideration, as plenty people around the world have the Ikea METOD type kitchens in their homes.

Please If you decide to improve your system with this feature, do not forget about Europe and other continents, do it worldwide. :)

I have attached several photos to show you the problem. As you can see on the photos robot can reach under the whole area below overhang from the side only (from the front turret is to close to the edge of the robot -it os only few millimeters but still turret can hit the cupboard. This is why I suggest the option for setting the distance (which should be the user-responsibility only) or you can allow the robot to go under the cupboards only on limited angle.

Best regards, Kuba!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Thanks for your detailed records of our product's problems. We would not miss any of them when forward them to our team, and would contact you if there's any need to know more. Please keep following us.

Like0
    Phil
    Phil12/01/2020      04:44
    @RR_Suggestions:

Is there any update on this?

My s6 max v has the same issue. It can’t handle the cupboard overhang despite the main vacuum itself fitting without going so deep as to hit the lidar housing.

As the kitchen is the place I use it most, leaving behind all the crumbs under the cupboard overhang defeats the point,

Please update the status on resolving this issue.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

skipper
Welcome to Roborock Forum