Which app - MiHome or Roborock? The docs inexplicably tell you both

Which app - MiHome or Roborock? The docs inexplicably tell you both

The Quick start guys tells you to use one application, while the slightly longer guide tells you to use the other. Anyway, I've got my S5 Max up and running using MiHome. I told it to clean my whole floor and it created this gigantic "default" room map. How can I now sub-divide this map into actual rooms? The map doesn't seem to be editable.

I see the "Rooms" tab where you can add a room, but I have no idea how to relate that to the map. I see a mysterious "Home" and "Router" tab.....no idea what they do.

I can setup "Zones" - am I supposed to use that? But those are just simple rectangles that don't even rotate (given that the map the S5 generated is diagonal, that zone rectangle is especially useless. And I can't see any way at all, to draw no-go lines. Is that not supported in the MiHome app?

I haven't tried the Roborock app yet - maybe that has a more intuitive user interface? Does it support the no-go lines advertised on the roborock site's marketing videos?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Thanks for posting.

The app features on both apps are the same. It's ok to use Mi home app for the S5max.

For map dividing, please click the three dots icon on the top right corner, go to "manage map" and click on the edit pen. Then please tap on "edit room" and there you can divide the rooms manually.

For more help, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com).

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolf
Welcome to Roborock Forum