Roborock s5 | connection timed out - check network connection

Roborock s5 | connection timed out - check network connection

Dears,

I just received my Roborock S5. I am very happy with it. But I am facing a connection problem. I wasn't able to access my robot from my iPhone. I tried restarting my phone, Wi-fi device, went through all the points you have mentioned in your F&Q, but nothing seems to be working. I also tried it on another iPhone bit still the same issue. I was able to update it, but that was the maximum of it, pleeeae help :(

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear customer,

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

The app you need use is called Mi Home(Xiaomi Home). You could check steps in details with attached app connect instruction file to ensure your steps are correct first.

Like0
  • You need to notice our devices could not connect to 5G HZ wifi. If your set-up steps are correct but still not work, try methods below:

1. Make sure the password of your wifi you input is correct.

2. Don't use android tablet, iPad, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C to connect robot to wifi as they may be incompatible with app.

3. Enable location permission like attached picture 2. If location is enabled and your phone is iphone, reboot your phone and try again.

4. Make sure you select your current region on Mi Home setting instead of China mainland. See attached picture "region"

5. Make sure you select the right model when setting wifi. See attached picture which one model you need select.

6. Pay much attention to the step where let you select wifi. See attached picture "select your home wifi".

7.The failure message on app may be fake. If wifi indicator of robot becomes solid from blinking, robot is already connected to wifi successfully. Kill the Mi Home and open it again to see if robot is on device list.

8. If your wifi name or password contains special characters like !@#$, we suggest you log in router and go to the wifi setting to change it without them to have a try.

9. The robot doesn't support WEP encryption mode. If your wifi is WEP, we suggest you log in router to change it to WPA or WPA2. You could also change the wifi channel to have a try.

If the issue persists, may we suggest you contact Support email, support@roborock.com, for further help?

Like0
    NFMZR
    NFMZR04/07/2020      15:43
    @RR_Support:

Hello there,

I already did all the points mentioned in the PDF file, and all the points mentioned above, but still nothing seems to be working, below are some picture of what i got when selecting my vacuume

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/10/2020      07:14
    @NFMZR:

Would you mind have another try:

Robot could connect hotspot from a smartphone.

You must get 2 smart phones( A and B) .

1. Enable phone A's hotspot in phone's setting and create a name and password of hotspot.

2. Use phone B to install app and try to make robot cleaner connect hotspot sent from phone A.

Forget about the wifi from router in the whole process.

If the problem is still exist, would you please send all details and problems to support@roborock.com?

Thank you.

Like0
    RH
    RH06/08/2020      19:17
    @RR_Support:

Hello--I have the same problem and have completed everything on this thread. Still the same issue. Any updates on a solution?

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFMZR
Welcome to Roborock Forum